CHAPTER 37 : "She's the only thing that keeps me sane."

2 DAYS LATER

HAZEL MARTINEZ

"Do you have him?" I asked.

Rafael turned towards me.

"Do you have Simon?"

He remained quiet, it was like he didn't want to reply but then he nodded.

"I want to see him."

"You can't."

"Why? He is my brother Rafael."

"I said no Hazel." He replied firmly.

"But why?"

"There's some reason for which I am asking you not to."

"I know you hate him for what he did to your family and I am not stopping you from hating him. After knowing the fact that you are going to kill him let me see him once."

"Did you not hear what I just said? No." Saying that he was about to leave but I held his arm stopping him.

And of course Connor had to come in between to save his Vincent "Haze I don't it's a good idea to go there."

"Yeah fit some brain in that head of hers." Rafael replied angrily.

"You are being a complete jerk you know that, right?" It was my time to be angry. "He is my brother Rafael."

"I don't care, you are not going to see him and that's it."

Suddenly he is being a complete jerk, I don't know why? All I was asking was to see my brother. I know he hates Simon, but don't I have the right to see him even once?

"Let her see him Rafael." A voice came from behind.

Rafael looked at the person which made his jaw clench, it was his Mom and of course Olivia following her.

"She's not seeing him." This time too he continued with that stubbornness.

"Simon is her brother, we can give her a chance to see him for the last time. Don't be so cruel towards her."

I wanted to slap Rafael so hard and say that this woman too understands my feelings but my own husband who claims to know me very well doesn't feel anything at this point.

"Mom this is between Hazel and I, please stay out of this."

Okay... he is being rude to his own mother now. He himself told me he can't hurt her because she has some depression problems and now he's being rude to her.

This time Connor decided to speak again of course in favour of Vincent "Mrs. Salvatore, Haze can't see Simon. She won't be able to take that."

What? I won't be able to take it!

"If I was able to bare all your tortures till now then I can take this too."

Rafael rolled his eyes "The thing that you call torture isn't even 1% of it."

"Don't do this to the poor girl, let her see him. She'll be happy atleast." Mrs Salvatore was suddenly in my favour.

Maybe she too understands my pain.

"Exactly stop being a jerk!"

"You can call me whatever you want I don't care, you are not seeing him."

"How can you be so heartless Rafael? Just once, please. Just once. I won't even go near him I will just see him from a distance."

Connor said "We don't have any problem if you talk to him or go near him, but once you see him you won't be able to take that."