CHAPTER 17: APOLOGIES

HAZEL MARTINEZ

I didn't remember last night while crying when did I fall asleep. In the morning I was preparing the breakfast lost in my thoughts about what Rafael said last night. I know he was angry and Dad too said that he has no control in himself when he is angry but I can't stop thinking about it. Fine I agree it was my fault but he could've told it in a better way rather than yelling.

Someone came running and switched off the gas knob, I looked beside me it was Deby.

"Where are you lost Haze? You would've burnt the food."

I shook my head "I-I'm sorry I was just thinking something."

She placed a hand on my arm, scanning my face she asked "Are you okay?"

I nodded "Yeah." Saying that I focused on cooking the food.

The maids served the food on the breakfast table. I was talking to Deby about few things when Dad came and took his seat on the dining table.

"Good morning Haze." He greeted.

I smiled and replied "Morning Dad."

"So what do we have for breakfast today?"

"Pancakes, eggs and bacons." I replied. As I was making my way towards the dining table, I crashed with someone on my way, I was about to fall when that person's hands wrapped around my waist preventing me from falling. I looked up at the person it was Rafael.

Not surprised.

Instantly I stood up pushing him away from me. Once my eyes fell on him to see he was in his sweats.

Is he not going to work today? Whatever it is I shouldn't care about it. Just remember Haze, you won't speak to him until he apologizes to you.

I made my way towards my seat and sat beside Dad not on my usual seat which is beside Rafael. Rafael sat on his usual seat, I started eating my food quietly not once looking up at him.

Why should I? He was so rude last night.

Feeling the awkwardness between us Dad spoke up trying to relieve the atmosphere "You aren't going for work, Rafael?"

"No. I thought to take a day off, these few days have been really hectic." Rafael replied.

"Well that's rare."

I could feel Rafael's gaze on me but still I didn't look up.

"Okay that's enough both of you." Dad said finally getting tired of us not talking. "Rafael it's done, she did a mistake you scolded her now end this fight and talk to each other."

Rafael rolled his eyes "She didn't even say sorry, Dad."

Is he blaming me again?

I glared at him "I will apologize once you do the same."

"And why on Earth would I apologize? For scolding you to do the right thing which your brother should've done many years ago."

That's it.

"Stop bringing my brother in our fights. It's between you and me stop bringing him between us."

"I won't apologize. I didn't say anything wrong."

"But the way you said, it was wrong. You don't have to bring my brother in our fights." I argued.

He sighed "I don't know when am I gonna have my whole breakfast." Saying that he got up from his seat and went to his study.

"And I thought you were going to sort out this fight." Dad commented sighing. I too got up from my seat and ran back to my room.

I hate fighting with him but why would he understand.