CHAPTER 35 : "She is a Martinez now not a Cameron"

RAFAEL MARTINEZ

On reaching the mansion I straight away ran upstairs to Hazel's room. But as soon as I opened the door no one was in the room and the room was a complete mess. I checked on the washroom she wasn't there too.

Taking out my phone I called Connor while running downstairs "Where are you?"

From the other side his reply came "I had some work so I came out for a while."

"Where's Hazel, Connor?" I asked impatiently.

"She was in her room when I went to check on her. She said she wasn't feeling so good so she needs to rest."

Hanging up the call when I reached the pool side I found Olivia.

"Olivia."

She instantly looked at me giving me a smile "Yes Vincent."

"Where's Mom?"

"I don't know but yeah the last time I saw her she was near the basement. Why?"

Basement?

Fuck!

I made my way towards the basement as fast as I could, praying that Mom doesn't hurt Hazel in any way.

I just hope I am not late.

As soon as the door opened all I heard was Hazel's cries.

My heart was beating so fast, I ran down the stairs but stopped when on seeing what was happening in front of me.

Mom was sitting on a chair looking at straight at what's happening in front of her, she didn't notice me as I was behind her. Some shirtless man was trying to force himself on Hazel while she was trying to push him away, begging to let go of her. Her top was torn, she was trying to cover herself with her hands while the man was trying to take off her shorts while she struggled holding onto it tightly.

Looking at that I just couldn't control myself, I am not letting it happen again. Taking out my gun I shot the man in the head. His body fell to the ground, Hazel didn't look anywhere, as the man laid dead on the floor she dragged her body to one corner covering herself, crying and shaking in fear.

Mom got up from the seat "Rafael!" She was about to touch me but I moved away.

How can someone go so low? I didn't expected this. Not from this woman in front of me atleast.

"If you weren't my mother, you would've been the second person to die today."

"Rafael." She muttered in disbelief.

Keeping my gun on the desk nearby I went to Hazel. Kneeling down in front of her I rested my hand on her shoulder but she flinched at my touch and tried to move towards the wall.

Before I lose it, I have to get out of here.

"Hazel." I called but she was so scared that she tried to back away like I was going to hurt her.

Ever since I met her, I haven't seen her this scared... not when we were attacked, not when she was telling me about her parents' death, not when she saw me killing Christopher.

Her breathing was increased it was very clear she was finding it hard to breathe.

Taking my t-shirt off I made her wear it "Let's get you back to your room."

Scooping her in my arms I made my way out of the basement. She hid her face on my chest like it would help her to hide herself completely. Seeing her condition, I could feel tears in my eyes.

It hurts. It fucking hurts to see her like this.

As I was about to take her upstairs Connor came running towards us with a worried look.