CHAPTER 39 : "But I wanted you both in my life."

Just a request if you don't quite remember, once go through Chapter 36 before starting this one to understand it well.
Happy Reading!!

HAZEL MARTINEZ

Last night I moved in to this apartment, everything was already settled in here so I didn't have any problem in adjusting.

Sitting on the couch I was watching the news.

Till the morning Simon's death was all over the news but his killer is still unknown.

I shook my head... well not unknown to me.

"Officer James Kennedy confirms that the dead body found is of Simon Cameron's. He also told us that he killed the person who was behind all these murders on the spot but was unable to save Cameron's life.  The officer says the name of the killer cannot be revealed. Hence, the case is now officially closed."

Everything was set-up so well. No wonder it took Rafael 10 years for this plan. None of his men were killed nor any in prison.

There was a knock on the door, I looked at the clock once... It showed 7:30 pm.

Expected.

Getting up from the couch I made my way towards the door and opened it. There he was holding a bag in one hand and wiping his hair with the other.

Once he smiled at me then entered the house.

"Can I get a towel and my sweats too?" He said.

I nodded and went inside the washroom to get him a towel and then to the cupboard for his sweats. When I came back, he was all shirtless. I handed him the towel and also the sweats.

"It's raining heavily." He said while rubbing his hair with the towel.

"You didn't have to come, it's not like I will get myself kidnapped if you didn't show up for the day."

Once he turned to me "I know I didn't have to but I wanted to, there are few things I need to talk about." Saying that he made his way towards the bedroom.

I peeped into the bag just to find pizza boxes and cokes.

Remember the night when Rafael and I had sex and after which he very politely asked me to leave. The thing he told me after listening to which I was completely shocked as to what is this man.

"There is only one way to get Simon, to give you away."

And you are going to do that because you already made a deal with him.

"But you are not going anywhere. I don't want to risk your life for my needs, so I am not giving you to him."

I was shocked af to listen that.

But he just made a deal. Is he going to betray Simon?

"Simon very well knows I won't give you to any of his men even if he turned himself in. But my problem is Mom, she'll definitely try to kill you."

His mother is gonna kill me? Why? And how the fuck is he still calm after knowing that!?

"You don't have to worry I have everything planned for you."

Okay he has plans for everything.

"The night I'll tell you, you have to run from here. You are very good at sneaking out I don't think you'll have much problem in getting out of here. Still for your convenience I'll be taking care of Connor. We'll be in the basement you can take that chance and get out of here."