FEELINGS

"Call your special friend, Eunji! And have a special breakfast with her!" You assert, tilting your head and shrugging your shoulders. Jungkook smirks hearing your words as he walks up to you.

"Woohoo... maintain distance," you put your hand in between you two while he continues to stare at you with a smirk.

"I smell jealousy here," he sniffs, looking around while you raise your brows.

"To get jealous of, there must be something between two people... and if you forgot we are just strangers," you remind him. His smirk curtails while you turn around to leave.

"Y/n... I am sorry for yesterday. I mean it," he apologized, his head drooping low as you turned to look at him.

"Really? After accusing your best friend and your wife... I know I am a wife just on papers but still. How could you? You don't even know me... you don't know what I go through, what I believe, whom I love, what I love... and you just..." you scoff, losing strength to fight. There was no point in arguing but you needed to let him know he doesn't have any right to comment on your character.

"I am really sorry. I don't know what I was thinking or saying at that moment and I accept my misbehaviour, please..." he stepped towards you while you were busy in your thoughts.

His hand shifts to take yours in his palms as he cups them slowly. You tried to remove his hold but he was stronger and even if you hated to admit it, his warmth was comforting.

"I promise I won't hurt you again. I won't repeat any mistakes. I am sorry for these marks too. Please... can we at least be friends and not argue all the time?" He asks, his eyes staying on your knuckles while you think a lot.

Jungkook is very different from a typical definition of man. As much as his words are soothing they are scary too, as much as his warmth is comforting it's addicting too, as much as you hate his coldness you are frightened to see his soft side... you don't want to end up miserable especially when you know you both will part your ways soon.

"Jungkook..." he cuts you off.

"Shh... it's okay, take your time. I just want us to be good friends, I promise we won't take it further..." he assures you but your heart stings in unknown pain.

Why? Why won't he want to take it further?

You nod and by sliding your hands off his hold, you leave the house. Jungkook called you again to have breakfast with him but you rejected saying you are getting late.

The day goes by smoothly as you head home by taking the bus. You met your dad and to say you were terrified would be a small thing. Even if you have started with his treatments his condition is getting worse which scares you. You don't want to lose him. You don't want to live in this world without him.

Reaching home, you made your way to your bedroom lifelessly. Jungkook already informed you about his late arrival through text as he has an important meeting. You curled up in a ball as small tears rolled down your eyes.

'What should I do? What should I do to save him?' You sniffle, staring at your mom's photo.

'I don't want to lose him... I'll be lifeless if I lose dad too. I just..." you breakdown, heavy tears rolling down your rosy cheeks. You always try to stay strong, not for yourself but your father... he has done everything for you and you can't even do one thing to save him. You were ashamed of yourself.