Chapter 14

After Divine Doctor Pu took away the vermilion fruits, he made three frost dewdrops pills and sent them to the Marquis manor. Few days later, he sent over a small grey tree which he said needed Yu Xiang to take care of for two days.

Yu Xiang extorted a great deal of miraculous drugs from him before agreeing to take care of the grey tree. She trimmed a twig of the tree to be planted into the flower nursery, watering it everyday as well as deinsectized. After seven to eight days, the original ashen tree started turning red from the root and bloomed into a fiery tree after one night, that also emitted a faint stench.

When Divine Doctor Pu came over to pick up the tree, he was extremely ecstatic that he laughed and jumped around the flower nursery, frightening all the maidservants.

This was actually a blood-drenched keelwood that only grew in a high temperature volcanic cave. It could be used to make the top-graded medicinal treatment for incised wounds and even for the critical traumatic injury where a full recovery could be seen in a fortnight after applying the medicine onto broken bones. However, once this blood-drenched keelwood left the volcanic cave, it would turn into unremarkable grey and its medicinal properties would also disappear. Its preciousness and medicinal value was not less than the frost dewdrops.

Both of these two plants were known to be the king of fire and ice element in the Chinese medicinal herbs list and now Divine Doctor Pu had gotten both, thus his excitement could not be described in words. He would send over all kinds of valuable medicinal pills free of charge and at the same time also delivered over a lot of uniquely strange plants with the request for Yu Xiang to look after for two days where he would come fetching them bouncing with joy.

He would have shelled out a huge sum to hire Yu Xiang to look after his medicinal garden if it weren't for her noble background after he discerned Yu Xiang had a pair of 'midas touch' hands that could deftly grow anything.

Owing to this, Old Madam's courtyard would occasionally receive lots of valuable tonic, exotic flowers and rare herbs. Her chronic diseases which were due to stress over the years gradually healed and the grey hairs on her temples were once again sprouted black while her vitality was increasingly robust day after day. Whenever there was any joyous occasion that needed a gift, Old Madam would just go to Yu Xiang's courtyard to select any of those potted flowers, such as the precious peonies, twin lotus flowers, lotus petal orchid....which were all more presentable than any antiques or jadewares.

Old Madam was getting fonder of this granddaughter that she entrusted someone to find her a highly renowned lady teacher to guide her meticulously.

Yu Xiang would read books, practice writing and learn qin in the morning. In the afternoon, she would not go anywhere but stayed in the flower nursery. She had always loved gardening but now she was totally absorbed with it.

She would sometimes ponder secretly that Heaven might have felt sorry for her and granted her this gold finger (a cheat) which she could use to support herself when the female lead returned in the future. Just by selling two pots of this twin lotus flowers every day would be enough for her to live comfortably without restraints for a few years as she didn't know if she could depend on this original body's family. Human is an emotional being that even if there is no blood relationship, one would still be closer compared to the biological after getting along for more than a decade. When the time comes for the switch, she would be nothing more than an outsider to that family.

This situation would undoubtedly not apply to the female lead, as she was the female lead crowned with a halo and the universal's destiny was within her grasp, thus she would naturally have everyone surrounding and revolving around her. Yu Pin Yan and Old Madam were very good to her now but all these goodness would all belong to the female lead when she returns and what was left for her would only be envious, jealousy and resentment.