Chapter 28

The servants had already set up a banquet table laden with food in the main hall. When they entered, they were still steaming hot and smelled fragrant.

"Come over here. After going to the bitter and cold place in the Northwest, you haven't eaten good food for a long time, right? They are all your favourite. Put your younger sister down and have two servings!" The Old Madam beckoned.

Yu Xiang also struggled to get down.

Yu Pin Yan reluctantly put his sister into the wheelchair, filled the Old Madam with a cup, and said in a hoarse voice, "Grandmother, your grandson has made you suffer throughout the years! Grandson will drink a cup to punish himself!"

The Old Madam burst into tears again when she heard him say this. She heard Yu Xiang said, "Elder brother, we're all a family. What are you saying about bitter life or punishment? You're working hard outside, we should guard this family well. It is for each to perform their own duties and secure their own life. If you drink on an empty stomach, you'll harm your stomach. Quickly eat!" After saying that she grabbed the glass directly and put a jade prawn dumpling into his mouth.

Yu Pin Yan quickly swallowed it down and rubbed his sister's hair affectionately.

The Old Madam said in agreement, "What Xiang'er said is correct. Let's perform our own duties to maintain the family well. We don't have to speak about these insincere polite words. After years of absence, you have become distant from your grandmother!"

"You deserved to be hit!" Yu Xiang took out the small whip hanging from the wheelchair and gently hit her elder brother.

"This little girl is getting more and more fierce, worthy of being my younger sister!" Yu Pin Yan laughed heartily. The more he looked at her beautiful and cute younger sister, the more he liked her. He couldn't help carrying her to his knee and reached for the tip of her nose.

Yu Xiang stealthily took a prawn to stuff his mouth and the brother and sister made a lot of noise.

"Sit down and eat. After both of you have eaten, you can be affectionate however you like. How old are you two?! You two still act like a child!" The Old Madam chided but her face was lit up with smiles.

Yu Pin Yan swallowed the prawn dumplings, touched his younger sister's forehead and asked, "Why is there a bruise here?"

The Old Madam was about to speak when Yu Xiang cut in, "I heard that you came back. As I was happy, I bumped into the doorpost. It's all your fault!"

Now that her grandson has returned, there was no need to let him know about the hardships of the past. The Old Madam thought and kept quiet. Yu Pin Yan believed in it. He laughed softly and said, "Alright, it's all my fault. If Xiang'er makes any mistakes in the future, it would also be my fault. I'll take all the blames for you."

The atmosphere was great until they saw Ma Momo with a solemn expression entering. She reported in a soft voice, "Old Madam, Madam has arrived."

"Why is she here for no reason? " The smile on the Old Madam's face disappeared in an instant. On such a good day, she really didn't want to see that jinx, Lin Shi!

Yu Pin Yan's expression remained unchanged, but his eyes gradually turned cold. He would have forgotten about his mother if she hadn't been mentioned by Ma Momo. Yu Xiang and his grandmother wrote him a letter every ten days, along with clothes, shoes and socks. Even the dry food that was never lacking in the camp was also sent in dozens and dozens of Jin[1], and the sweet and salty taste often made him tear up with a smile. However, it was as if Lin Shi didn't have such a son. Don't even mention a piece of paper, even a thread had not been sent by her.