7: Castles Decision

Castle P.o.v

Im sitting at my desk, filing some paperwork when I hear a knock at my door.

"Who is it?"

"Aaron and Juliette" I hear a female say.

"Come on in"

They walk hand in hand into my office, wearing nervous expressions.

"We have to speak to you about something." Warner says.

"Something important I presume?"

"Yes. We've thought about it a lo, and we know we won't be able to follow through with it, or make the right decision, without your help and input." Juliette says.

I know Juliette and Aaron are more than capable of making their own thoughtful decisions. What in earth could be so severe? I out my own down and sit my hands on the desk, clasped together.

"I'd be happy to help."

"Well this morning I found out I was pregnant."

My heart almost stopped. I've gone over that scenario in my head over and over again, but I decided against confronting the couple because I thought it was so far fetched.
I close my eyes and think again. This would put their family and everyone staying at the capitol at risk. But are they never going to expand their family just because of their high position? This was always a possibility. If they were to continue on this path, I think having a child will make them even stronger. Both Aaron and Juliette did not have a good childhood, I'm very happy for them.
I exhale before I speak.
"I believe this situation was bound to occur. I would normally be very against this but you shouldn't be running away from expanding your family. I think with protection and preparation, you can follow through with your pregnancy. I'm also very happy for the both of you."

Juliette p.o.v.
I could cry. I will cry. This was not what I expected at all. I was prepared to argue with Castle but now he's going to be part of this family.
He stands up from his seat and walks toward me with opened arms. He pulls me into his embrace and pats my back.

"Now what is there to cry for?" He asks.
I laugh. He relaxes me and we both look at Aaron who is completely still. He hasn't moved for a good minute and I start to worry.
I stand in front of him and hold his chin to face me.
"Aaron honey." He blinks and looks up at me with a small smile.
"I'm sorry I blanked out for a bit. So this is happening. I'm going to be a father."

Castle pats him on the back and smiles. It makes me smile at how they've overcome many of their issues.
"Thanks you Castle, really." Aaron says
"Always."
Me and Aaron walk hand and hand out the door before we hear one last thing.
"Take care of my godson kids!"
Aaron laughs and smiles at me.

A/N:
Ok not much happened but like THEY HAVE CASTLE ON BOARD. Yay.
Sorry if this was boring but I kept dragging on writing this chapter so yeah.

Thanks to @fionarollins and @naimakamryn for always being so interactive with my posts 🙏🙏
I appreciate y'all.
Et quelqu'un ici parle français? 😛
«