3. Bruised

I pushed the needle into my arm, pushing the clear liquid into my veins. I prepared for the rush but froze as I heard a pop. A pop? What the fuck was popping? I looked down at my arm to see a blackness forming under my skin. I gasped and instinctively put my arm over the bruise. I felt a twinge of pain as a quiet popping noise came from my hand as blood vessel after blood vessel popped under my skin. I screamed as a bruise formed along my hand, working its way up my finger tips and my wrist. In my panic I rushed to the kitchen, the popping under my skin creeping up, up towards my shoulder. I didn't know why but I knew that I couldn't let it reach my head. I grabbed a knife and put my arms down on the cutting board. I brought the knife down on my arm, right above my elbow. I only got a third of the way though. I cried out in pain but the bruise was drawing closer. I hacked at my arm again and again and again. With a final excruciating chop I fell back as the bruising engulfed the now severed forearm. it began to rot and bleed from its pores. I fell to the floor, light headed as blood gushed from the stump that was now my right arm. As the knife clattered to the floor I heard popping from my left arm.