18. Distortion

What she had thought was the nurse was walked through the ward. It's shoes clacked against the floor as it approached. Her heart thumped as I heard it's eyes grew. The sound of it stretching made her shiver as she held her breath. Her heart thumped in her chest. She watched the eye extend over the table she was hiding under before she heard it cackle. "Found you" its voice was full of a unsettling glee as it began to walk towards her. Her stretched eyes were meters long and were both locked on her. She ran out from behind the table. It was blocking the exit. She was like a cornered animal. She looked for any escape she could find. She looked to the window. She pulled it open and peered down. 6 story drop. It grabbed her by the collar of her shirt as it's finger formed a needle like point. It drove its finger through her stomach and it snapped from the rest of the hand, wriggling into her body. She screamed and the creature smiled a grin wider than its face "You're going to be part of me now, all that left is for you to die" it pushed her out the window. Hearing the snapping of bones as it walked away from the window and assumed a human looking form again. Already looking for more vessels.