Rant(skip if you want)

I recently listened to Alec Benjamin's song Older and it got me thinking. Now I've always been afraid of growing up but this song had me thinking about a lot of things. Like why do we have to be so content with growing up, in school they teachbus things we "need to know" but in reality it's just putting us further behind in life cause we learn things the way they want us to we spend 12 + years of our lives going to school and learning things they want us to. And as soon as we graduate we're supposed to know what we want to do and go get a job as something big I was told a few weeks ago that " I was almost 17 and needed to take on more responsibilitys and grow up" but I'm still a kid. I never really had a childhood I had to learn the hard way around 9 or 10 that I had grow up. And even now I still don't really have one when I look back on everything I only remember a few key happy moment. And I'll be honest no matter how many times my family has wronged me any time any chance I get to have a happy memory with them I take it. Then it's like the bad stuff never happened but I remember it. Then I think to myself were happy why does what the they did matter now? But I've learned they just do that so I don't hate them. Slowly I'm rebuilding my relationship with my dad, my mom on the other hand is a different story which I don't want to get into.