2 - Anniversary

Ryujin glanced back at the ladies' room entrance to check if the smaller woman is still there. She remembered the woman from yesterday, one of the girls Taehyun introduced to her, but couldn't remember her name.

"Ryujin..."

She turned around and saw the other girl the small one was with yesterday. "Oh. Hey."

"Do you still remember me?"

Ryujin squinted her eyes. "Mmm, Lia, right?"

It made the woman clap her hands in joy. "I'm glad you remember!"

"Of course. So, this is where you're at?"

"Yes. We're at the center of this floor. Yeji is sitting across mine." Lia pointed at the table behind her.

Ryujin shifted her eyes to where Lia is pointing at and saw a table with lots of stuffed toys. The biggest of them is a bunny.

"You remember her, right? She's the girl who's with me yesterday," asked Lia.

"Yeah, I remember. I can tell she likes stuffed toys, eh?"

"She's a kid at heart," Lia whispers, "but sometimes a monster."

Ryujin chuckled. "That's cute, though. So, she's fond of bunnies?"

"Yeah. She loves them so much. How about you, what are the things you're fond of?"

"Mmm. I love taking pictures, designing, drawing... anything artsy..."

"Pictures? Like portraits?"

Ryujin rested both her arms on Lia's terminal. "Yeah. It's a hobby since I was in high school. Guess I've developed a skill out of it."

Lia stood up from her chair so they could talk closer. "That's interesting. What are your subjects then?"

"Anything interesting; nature, landscapes, animals; but I'm more focused on humans."

Lia's face lit up. "Wow. That's cool. If I may ask, why humans?"

"I just find contentment from looking at a human shot, a smiling human to be exact. I love smiles."

Lia nodded. "Do you think I can be one of your models?"

"Yeah, you sure to be not the camera-shy type."

Lia giggled. "I'm not. Do you usually prefer taking pictures outdoors or indoors?"

"I do both. I sometimes travel to take outdoor pictures. As for indoors, I don't have a studio yet so I usually do it in my place."

Lia's mouth formed an 'o' shape. "You live alone?"

"Mmm-mmm."

"Where do you live then?"

Ryujin held off answering after getting a glimpse of Yeji from her peripheral vision. She was expecting a little welcome from this person. To her surprise, Yeji just walked past them and went straight to her terminal without even saying hi.

Getting a bit disappointed, Ryujin turned back to Lia and played it cool. "Just around the corner."

"Oh. I bet you've already brought a lot of girls in your apartment," Lia teased.

"Huh? No. No. I'm not that type of person." Ryujin chuckled as she shakes her head. She instinctively looked at Yeji and noticed that the latter's head is slightly tilted to Lia's direction.

"I hate to say this, but with that looks of yours, I don't believe you, Ryujin," said Lia.

"Haha! I'm not like that. I do things professionally."