16 - War

The moment they arrived at the restaurant, Yeji noticed how the staff welcomed Ryujin with big smiles, giving Yeji an idea that Ryujin is a known regular there.

Their arrival obviously captivated most of the ladies. Some are looking at Soobin, some are thrilled over Ryujin. Yeji can't help but smile to herself each time she sees some glare of disappointments from the female staff as she walked hand in hand with Ryujin.

Sorry ladies, she's Yeji's property tonight.

They sat on the couch facing each other by pair. While waiting for their food, the manager and the chef approached Ryujin. Yeji noticed how glad they were to see Ryujin there. From what she heard, Ryujin hasn't shown in that restaurant for a month. They even excused themselves to talk to Ryujin alone.

"I'll be right back." Ryujin squeezed Yeji's hand as she was about to stand up.

"Sure, enjoy yourself," said Yeji. She felt like a baby when Ryujin patted her head before leaving.

Soobin stood up from his chair too. "Okay. Excuse me for a while, ladies. I need to make a call."

Both Heejin and Yeji nodded. And just like that, they were left alone at the table.

"The staff here surely loves Ryujin a lot, huh," said Yeji, trying to start a little talk.

Heejin shakes her head and smiled. "Ryujin is in love with the food here. She goes here twice or thrice a week and she always talks to those two each time we go here before."

Yeji took it down in her mental notepad, how Heejin kept pointing out the things Ryujin had done with her before.

"What do they usually talk about?"

"It's mostly about food and recipes, which I don't understand." Heejin rolled her eyes. "They always try to get Ryujin's point of view on the food. Sometimes it's the other way around, Ryujin is asking them about the food."

"Why are they doing that?"

Heejin's eyebrows rose. "Hmm? Didn't you know that Ryujin is a good cook?"

"Really?" Yeji blinked. She suddenly remembers the breakfast she had with Ryujin in the office pantry, when she told the latter that she always imagines herself being with someone who loves to cook.

And now she's blushing.

"Yes, she loves cooking a lot. I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet." Heejin chuckled. "If it wasn't for her love of photography, I think she'd get culinary in college instead. She hasn't cooked food for you yet?"

Yeji shook her head. "She mentioned she loves cooking, but she only enjoys it if there is someone to share the food with. I've only gone to her apartment once."

Heejin looked surprised. "For real? How long have you been together again?"

"J-just recently..." Yeji cleared her throat.

"You mean you're not official yet when I came to her apartment last December?"

Yeji shook her head no. "I was drunk the night before after a little party. I passed out on our way home. She doesn't know where my address is."

"I see." Heejin nodded. "So, Ryujin wasn't lying when she told me you're not her girlfriend, huh?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "Where did you guys met again?"

"In the office. We're on the same floor, just different departments," said Yeji, relating things as close as she can to reality.

"So, how was it? I assume there are other girls that are annoyingly trying to get close to her, right? Do you guys fight over that?"