The Beauty and the Beast (F!MC x Cal Lowell)

Author's note: I'm Nik Ryder stan, but I dedicate this fic for all the Cal lovers. This fic contains mature topics like: Paranormal Romance; Death, Violence and Drama. Reader's discretion adviced.

"Don't go anywhere, lock the door and stay inside my apartment until I don't come back. Understood, rookie?", the hunter explained Alex who had to agree.

After the hunter left to meet Katherine, Alex waited a few minutes to make sure he doesn't come back before she could sneak out to meet her lover. She should have listened to her bodyguard but meeting Cal Lowell was more important to her.

Sneaking out of Nik's apartment, she made sure that no one saw her on her way out into the woods. Alex covered her beautiful, silver hair by wearing a red hood or else someone would recognize her and tell Nik. After strolling through the dark woods, she arrived infront of a tiny, wooden house which had a beautiful garden. That was the house of her lover, Cal. The girl had no other choice because her bodyguard, Nik Ryder wouldn't allow her to go alone into the dangerous woods to meet Cal and she didn't wanted him to know about Cal. Nik is a hunter and Cal is a werewolf. The hunter hates werewolves. They're strong beasts who have the nature to hunt whatever they like while the hunters hunt them to protect humans and prevent any harm. But Cal, he wasn't like the other werewolves. His heart was pure gold, always respects everyone and doesn't see violence as a solution. Cal never harmed anyone, not even humans and he would never treat anyone wrong. For Alex, he's a hero who deserves to become the alpha of his pack which is lead by a dangerous and aggressive werewolf. One of the reasons why Cal doesn't want to be part of his pack. He doesn't like how the werewolves bully eachother to show their strenght and to impress the female's which aren't treated very well. For him, women should be respected and honoured just like he honours Alex, his true love who he met a few months ago by saving her life from a bear while she was hunting. Since then they have fallen for eachother and their love has been growing more and more. Bound by Love, not by the hunt.

"Alex? Is that you?", a familiar voice interrupted her thoughts. She turned around and found Cal a few meters behind her who just arrived home. To prove herself right, she removed the red hood and uncovered her typical silver hair which no one in the city had and let them be taken by the windy breeze. The man finally recognized her, ran happily towards and held her love for a long time. His hands brushing her long, wavy hair and then he kissed her. Kissed to tell her how much he missed her, how much he cared about her and how much he loved her.

"Alex, I missed you so much. I haven't seen you for weeks, my beauty.", he told her and broke the passionate kiss to let her answer.

"Oh Cal, I missed you too but... The hunters, they wouldn't let me go anywhere anymore and I don't know why."

"If he treats you bad then I..."

"No Cal, Nik treats me well. Don't worry about him, it's my own mother who tasked him to become my bodyguard. She's a hunter too and wants me to follow into her footsteps. I think she hired Nik to take care of me because she has doubts that I..."

"About our secret meetings?", he asked her and she nodded and wrapped her arms around him to search comfort.

"Cal, I've made a decision! For the sake of our love, I will leave the hunters."

"But you always wanted to become part of the hunters?"

"And now I don't want to if it means that I have to hunt you one day, Cal. I'm a hunter and you're a beast. Our love is forbidden which is why I will leave the hunters for good because I love you.", Alex confessed her true feelings which made Cal happy. She chose the path of love and not the path of war.