Towards the future

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are all gathered here today to finally celebrate our heroes who have brought victory last year by defeating a dangerous enemy, the bloodwraith. The monsterous beeing and it's master who were responsibile for so many deaths including the death of my beloved husband and our duke, Lord Elric.", Thalissa announced to crowd and began wiping her tears away when she thought about her loss.

Hundreds of faes were gathered in the throne room of Lamrian to celebrate the heroes presented by Lady Thalissa, but also to remember and honour the ones who left. Especially their beloved duke, Lord Elric of Lamrian. Next to Lady Thalissa stood her dear stepchild, Alex Clarissa Fontaine, the future heiress of Lamrian who wore an elegante royal gown. She stepped closer to Thalissa for comfort and was still very sad about their loss. Lady Thalissa her husband and Alex her biological father who's existence she wasn't aware about, until Nik Ryder found out about him and introduced him to her. She might only have met and known her father for a very short time, but the pain of losing him and never meeting him again was deep. Deeper than someone could imagine. She found him, and then... she lost him. The powerful duke, her father risked his life to keep her new-found child save from the monsterous bloodwraith. She will never forget that. Never.

Alex placed a hand on the shoulder of her stepmother for support. After Lady Thalissa calmed herself down, she focused back on the crowd infront of her.

"The pain, the loss will forever remain. I lost my husband and my son. May the ones we lost rest in peace and may the corrupted souls be purified.", she prayed and finally turned around to the four figures standing in back.

All four respectivly standing behind Lady Thalissa and Alex. Thalissa signaled them to meet the crowd, so they stepped forward till they stood next to her and Alex who secretly stole a look at the blonde man.

"But now let's celebrate our heroes who not only defeated a powerful bloodwraith, but also united me and Elric with our beloved child, Lady Alex.", Thalissa happily announced while holding the hand of her stepchild.

"So true, if it wasn't them I... I... I probably would have been dead already.", Alex got emotional.

Yes, next to them were standing their guests of honour in their most formal wearings, as Lamrian's newest heroes. Nik Ryder, Katherine, Cal Lowell and Vera Reimonenq. Lady Thalissa was so generous to hold a ceremony only for them. The stars of the night. She began to continue her speech as the fae crowd got restless, especially the fae nobles.

"I know, I know, there are not faes. They may be diffrent than us, but their hearts are pure. If it wasn't them, the monster would still be alive, hunting their next possible prey which could be anyone of us. Afterall, we are powerful fae nobles. But they, they are just simple citiziens of New Orleans who risked their lifes for my Alex and the rest of the world. Because of them we are now safe.", she encouraged the crowd who felt more comfortable now and clapped their hands.

"All hail, Lady Thalissa. All hail, the heroes of Lamrian."

A fae servant approached to Lady Thalissa holding a tray with four golden medals placed on it. Thalissa took one of medals in her hands and signaled the four heroes to appear one by one and stand infront of her.

"Damn, we're gettin' real gold today.", Nik's eyes lighted up at the sight of the reward.

"You already got the six figures, Ryder. I won't let you have the gold.", Katherine wispered back.

"Why? There are four medals for everyone."

"I know Vera, but it's fun to mess up with Nik.", Katherine smirked.

"Very funny, Katy.", he rolled his eyes.

Alex and Thalissa patiently waited for one of them to appear in the front as the four wispered with eachother.