Sweet & Tender Hearts

Early morning at 6am. Alex was lying on the bed with her eyes closed. Soon enough she woke up, opened her chocolate-brown eyes and was facing Nik, who's been exercising in his new black sportswear next to their bed.

"...16, 17, 18, 19...", he counted his sit-ups.

Without letting Nik notice that she was awake, she smiled and silently watched him exercise.

"...23, 24, 25..."

When he raised his upper body from the floor at the 25th sit-up, he quickly pulled Alex from the bed towards him on the floor and turned around which made Alex lie under him and Nik hovering over her as he pinned her on the floor.

"Hey??!"

"What? You think I wouldn't notice you watchin me exercise, sleepy head? Now I gotcha, rook.", he smirked.

"Niiiiiik, come on. Yes, you caught me, now could you please stand up?"

"No, I finally got ya'. Got ya' where I want ya'.", he kept staring in her chocolate-brown eyes and moved his face closer to hers to reach of her lips.

"Oh no, you don't!!", she giggled and started tickling him. But it didn't worked as she expected and surprisingly looked at Nik who smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Nik, aren't you tickly?", she asked while continued making him laugh and back away.

Looking at her confused girlfriend, he backed away and chuckled.

"I'm not tickly, rook. Now come on, let's get ready."

"For what? It's 6am in the morning.", she asked and both stood up from the floor.

"Let's go for a morning walk and do some jogging outside."

"Nooo, I'm headin to bed. It's too early.", she complained, covered herself back in white blankets and closed her eyes. Watching her softly, he joined her and layed himself next to her on bed. A quick kiss planed on her forehead and rested beside her.

"Nik, can't you just rest for a while. You're always training and exercising."

"I have to be ready for anything.", his arms wrapped her waist and pulled her closer.

"Fiiine, alright. I know, I know, for the safety of our world. I'll join you then.", she agreed. Then she started tickling him again and tried harder this time, but Nik stayed calm.

"Try harder, rook", he grinned, but after a few seconds he couldn't hold it back anymore, gave up and finally laughed.

"Yesss, you're finally laughing!!!"

"Ah, hey... hahaha... stop now, rook. Hey, stop! Rookie, please!! Okay, yeah, you... you... you got meee!!!!"

Alex stopped tickling him and sat infront of him to get a better look at him. Smiling at him, she apologized.

"Sorry, I just wanted to tickle you see your smile. It's cute. I don't like it if you're playing the serious guy. When you smile, you make me smile too. And you're the reason I can't stop smiling. ", she said and smiled sweetly.

"That's why you were randomly tickling me, huh?!! You are the one that makes me smile already when you're happy, rook. If you wanna keep sleeping longer, you can. It's just... it would be much nicer when you would join me with work-out. You and me, rook. Since you started living with me, it's no fun anymore if I do my usual things alone without you."

"Guess you got more used to it by having me on your side, partner.", she winked and stood up from bed, when suddenly Nik pulled her back which made her sit on his lap.