The Haunted House

"Tomorrow is Halloween!!", Alex excitedly squeaked.

"So what?"

"So what? You're asking me this, Nik? Tomorrow is Halloween! We're in New Orleans, Nik! We should part'ay!!!! Party time, wohooo!!", Alex got excited and jumped around. But Nik immediatly stopped her by gently grabbing her by the shoulders and trying to turn her attention to him. Both were now facing eachother.

"Look, I love you. I care about you and your happiness, but please don't go outside. Not on Halloween night.", he frowned.

"Oh, why that?"

"It's that night of the year and the only night of the year where supernatural beeings are free. Vampires, werewolves, goblins, trolls and other beeings can stroll around in the city without hiding their identity from humans. No glamour spell needed. You won't be able to identify if the person in front of you is a human in a vampire costume or even a real vampire."

"Oh, that's interesting. I didn't know. So what do you even do on Halloween? I mean, I always dressed up and went on parties with Kristin. And you're never too old for trick-or-treats, right?"

"I hate Halloween...", Nik sneered.

"I know!! I know!! Just like your Birthday, Christmas, ..."

"No, rook!! It's not that. Sure I'm no festive guy, but Halloween means a lot work for nighthunters. Making sure nobody gets hurt, protect innocent beeings and...", he stopped, but still holding the eye contact with her. He gently took her hand in his.

"What is it, Nik?", Alex asked.

"Look, I can't tell you what you can do and what not. Just don't get in danger, rook. I would die if something happened to you. Please, I already lost so much. You're my everything now."

"I know, Nik. I'll be careful. I promise.", she moved closer towards him. Their lips almost touching as they embrace themselves without breaking their eye-contact to eachother.

"But Nik..."

"Hmm?", he softly stroked her cheek with love.

"Can we both at least dress up? Halloween couple custumes. We'll be the most hottest and scariest couple eveeeerr. I'm sorry, but Kristin spoiled me so much already, so we have to do this. We'll make everyone's mouth fall. Best couple custumes ever!!!!"

"Please nooo...", he moved back and immediately disagreed.

"We could dress up as a royal fae couple since I'm already fae royalty."

"Ehhhh..."

"Orrr superheroes? Oh yes, you'll be be Green Arrow since you own real arrows already and I'll be Black Canary then.

"Cool, cool, but definitly a NO."

Hmmm, do want something more spooky? Oh, oh, oh, new idea!!! We'll be the hottest nighthunter couple ever!!!", she excitedly squeaked.

"Well, dressing up as a nighthunter will be definitly easy for me.", he chuckled and planted a sweet kiss on her cheek.

"So it's done? You and me as nighthunters."

"Well, actually... You can dress up if you want. Wear anything you want, you'll look stunning anyways. I personally don't want to. I'm sorry.", he apologized.

"Hmmmm, it's alright. Don't worry, Nik. I just got a bit overly excited. That's alright, you should feel comfortable and if you don't want to dress up, then that's acceptable. You care about me and I care about you.", her lips slowly curved into a small smile.

"Thanks for understanding, rook."

XXX

In the late afternoon...