Meow! (F!MC x Nik Ryder)

"Who's the cutest? Yes, yes, it's you! My little cutie cat. I love you!!!"

"Love you too, rookie.", Nik replied to his girlfriend as he entered the living room where she was sitting.

"Huh? Oh hey, Nik. I wasn't talking to you.", she quickly replied and turned her attention back towards a tiny cat which was resting in her arms and she was sweet-talking to.

"You're such a good cat, aren't you?", she squeaked and continued with cuddling the tiny, black creature. It let out an annoyed hiss.

Nik smirked, leaned back against the door frame and amusingly watched Alex acting like a little girl. Always filled with energy. She has a pure, soft nature. These are a few things and more which he liked about her. To finally catch her attention, he knocked at the door frame and spoke.

"Glad you're havin' fun with this little fella', but care to explain where you found it?"

"Outside.", she answered without looking at him and still focused on the tiny beeing wrapped in her arms.

The hunter sighted. "Rookie, you can't just take an animal home you found outside a few minutes ago and act like it's your's."

"Nik, that poor cat has no collar which means no one owns it. No way I would have let Mister Cuddles freeze outside in the cold.", Alex protested.

"Mister Cuddles? Seriously, you named it Mister Cuddles??!! I don't think it's male and it doesn't even like cuddling with you, Alex.", Nik explained which was true. The cat has been desperatly trying to escape from Alex since the beginning and kept hissing dangerously at both of them.

"You're just jealous, Nik. Besides, if you can give nicknames why can't I give names too?", Alex argued which made Nik chuckle.

He ducked his head and planted a sweet kiss on her head which made her smile a little.

"Come on, let's hit the sack. Tonight's hunt was though and now I have to protect some kind of gold artifact too. I'm so tired, I wanna sleep now.", the hunter requested her.

"The compass, right? I put it in the livingroom to keep safe, don't worry. Yeah, let's go to sleep."

With a nod, Nik was heading to the bedroom, with Alex following him. They made themselves comfortable on the bed, but Alex was still carrying the cat in her arms.

"Rookie, let the cat go! No animals on the bed!! We'll see what we'll do with it tomorrow mornin'. Now sleep!!", the man groaned at her, lied on his side of the bed and turned the table lights off to darken the room, while Alex was cuddling with the cat on her side of the bed.

"Nik? You know, I was thinking about adopting this poor cat if it turns out that it doesn't belong to anyone. I mean, look at these cute eyes, Nik!!! Nik? Nik, are you listening?", she asked him while petting the animal. Nik was too tired to answer correctly, his eyes were closed.

"Nik? Niiiiik?!"

"Mmmh."

"Just think about it, you, me and this little kitten. A cute and tiny family."

"Mmmmh."

"Eeeek, we could be like real parents!!"

"Alex, if you're finished with family planing, then it's time to sleep now! Good night!", he wispered tiredly.

Alex giggled and lied down the cat between her and Nik. "Good night, Nik. And good night, Mister Cuddles.", she wispered and then she closed her eyes too and fell asleep.

XXX

A few hours later, in the middle of the night, strange noises were appearing from the livingroom which was why the hunter woke up. Next to him, Alex was still asleep, wrapping a pillow with her arms. But, where's the cat?