Peacock Princess

Once upon a time, on a land far away... Lamrian. There lived a King and his Queen who ruled happily together over their gigantic fae kingdom.
One day a total stranger who wasn't even a fae, visited the royal couple and asked for the hand of their daughter and only child, Crown Princess Alexis from Lamrian.
The princess was silently dancing ballet in her royal chambers upstairs and wasn't aware of what was happening downstairs in the throne room.

She raised her arms above her head, extending her hands like wings as if she were a bird in flight. She brought her arms down to chest level and bent her elbows. Extending one leg in front of her into a kick, and then the other one in a kick behind. The kicks were executed in sync. The result of her ballet dance movement was the impression of a soaring bird as if the bird's wings were flapping to allow it to fly. She made delicate dance movements that were pleasant to watch and with a refined and elegant presence. The movements of the feet were graceful, the movements of the arms and the fingers were very fluid, and the whole body got synchronized. The whole dance was a wonderful spectacle of harmony until she heard loud voices coming from downstairs.

"Father?", she got worried, stopped dancing and immediately rushed the stairs down towards the throne room where the voices got even louder. As she finally entered, she discovered Elric, her father having a heated discussion with an unknown stranger.

"I already declined your proposal, now leave!!! My daughter is too young for you.", Elric shouted at the man. Never in her life has Princess Alexis seen her father so angry. He was always such a calm and patient man, but that stranger kept pushing.

"But your Highness..."

"No, I don't want to hear anything. Now leave!!", Elric commanded and pointed towards the exit.

"But..."

"Heyyy!!! Haven't you heard what my father said??!", the young princess intervened and stood up for her beloved father.

For a moment the stranger's eyes met hers. Both stared at each other for a moment without avoiding any eye contact. Then he began to grin like a madman.

"So that's our precious crown princess. My future wife.", he smirked.

The young girl was shocked by his words and wasn't aware of the situation, but her father quickly stepped in front of her to cover his child.

"Child, go back upstairs. We will handle this."

"I demand your daughter's hand, Your Majesty. I hate being declined. Make me the new king of Lamrian."

"Never!! And now leave before I call my guards."

"Fine, I'll leave. But if I cannot have the princess, then nobody will.", he promised while he took a closer look at the young girl. She was wearing a beautiful, sparkly peacock dress with matching ballet slippers. A creepy grin appeared on his face again as he just got an idea.

"I command you to leave!!"

"Yes, your Majesty I will leave, but I'm very sure that you will seek me later.", he took a few steps backward, revealing his magical scepter. Without losing any second, he pointed it towards the princess and a blast of light appeared which hit the young lady. She got frightened and panicked.

"If I cannot have the princess, then nobody will because I hereby curse her. She will no longer perform ballet, no longer show herself in public and nobody would want to marry her, because... I'll turn her into a peacock!! The Peacock Princess. Forever."

And with that, the young princess was turned into a peacock, a majestic bird. Even though female birds were gray-colored, weren't bright colored and attractive like the male ones, she still got turned into one. A brightly, blue-green colored bird like the gown she was wearing. The evil man wasn't very educated, so he had only seen the blue-green colored ones which were male. When he saw that his dark magic worked and the girl had turned into a bird, he used his magic again to vanish in thin air. Only dark clouds were left behind which slowly dissolved by themselves.