Return III

Previously

Y/N: (Wait.. an opened window? Missing knife? That weird presence? Could it be another assassin? I must have missed it! I need to check on Cocolia's room, that's where I felt that strange presence.)

You quickly got up from the bed and ran to Cocolia's room. You heard a loud thud from inside Cocolia's room, you tried to open the door but it's locked.

Y/N: "I'm barging in, Cocolia!"

You slam the door with your foot, opening it instanly. And what you see inside surprised you, you didn't expect this at all.

Presently

You can't understand what just happened. There's a little girl around the same age as the girls in the orphanage, that girl is lying on the floor, it seems like she's unconscious. And Cocolia is standing there beside the girl, her right hand is trembling and holding a knife, her hand is stained with fresh blood. You just stand there with visible confusion.

Y/N: "Cocolia, what.. happened?"

She turned around to look at you with tired eyes and a pale face. You step closer to her.

Y/N: "Are you.. okay?"

She looks down on her stomach, then back at you. You just realized that she's holding her stomach since earlier. She lost her balance but you caught her before she falls down.

Y/N: "You're bleeding!" (I was right, there was an intruder and the intruder is that girl. She must be the one who stabbed Cocolia. Dammit! I was too late!)

You laid Cocolia down on the bed and you applied pressure to the wound to try and stop the bleeding.

Y/N: "Stay still, Cocolia. You're gonna be okay." (There's no hospital or doctors around here, I need to do it myself.)

???: "Y/N? What happened?"

You turn around to find Sin standing at the doorway, she looks scared and shocked. You've never seen her face like this before, she always looks confident and cocky, but not this time.

Y/N: "Sin, close the door and come here, quick."

She did what you said. She's now looking at Cocolia breathing heavily with a tired and pale face. Sin is starting to cry because of seeing her Matushka at this worrying state.

Cocolia: "Sin.. don't cry, you're a strong girl. Don't worry.. I'll be fine."

Sin: "M-Matushka!" *cry*

Y/N: "Sin, listen to me."

She keeps sobbing uncontrollably, she's not hearing you.

Y/N: "Sin!"

Finally, she looks at you.

Y/N: "Your Matushka suffered a heavy injury. I need you to control yourself and help me treat her. Can you do that?"

She's not responding, but still looking at you.

Y/N: "Sin! Can you do that for your Matushka? She needs you right now."

Sin: "Y-yes, I can do it!"

Y/N: "Good, now press both of your hand together just like this. You have to help me stop the bleeding."

Sin: "O-okay! Am I d-doing it right?"

Y/N: "Good, now keep doing that and don't let go until I tell you. I need to prepare the stuffs we need to treat her injury. Tell me if something happened."

Sin: "Okay!"

You check the girl that is lying on the floor, she is still alive and breathing but unconscious, and there's no any serious injury on her body. You tied her on a chair, just in case if she wakes up sooner than your expectation. Then, you search around Cocolia's room and office.