Remembrance II

You opened your eyes as you woke up from a deep slumber.

Y/N: "What.. happened?"

You tried to recall your memories as you sit up on your bed.

Y/N: "That's right.. the forest.. the honkai beast.. Kallen and Otto.. and.. Francis." (I'm on my bed. It means that we made it out of that forest, I hope no one is injured.)

You got up from your bed.

Y/N: (Where is everyone?)

You exit the room, trying to find someone but you found no one. You wandered around the place to search for Kallen, Francis, or anyone. You keep wandering around until you heard murmurs, you followed the source of the voice.

???: "We're here to honor our brother in faith, Sir Francis Kaslana."

Y/N: (What happened?)

You keep following the voice, it grows louder and louder with each step you take.

???: "Though charred by the flames of Shamash, Sir Francis's spirit is now at peace, knowing that he fought to defend the innocent."

Y/N: (This can't be!)

You keep following the voice with hurried steps until you see the door that leads to the church. That door is the only thing that stands in your way to the source of the voice. Not wasting any time, you opened the door immediately. You're welcomed with a sight that you can never be ready to witness.

Priest: "He is now united in heavens with his forefathers, all of whom served as humanity's brave shield

Priest: "He is now united in heavens with his forefathers, all of whom served as humanity's brave shield."

Everyone is there from someone you don't recognize at all to people that you're familiar with. Kallen is crying and Otto is just standing there not sure of what to do. You approached Otto slowly.

Y/N: "Otto.. what happened?"

Tears start to form in your eyes as you slowly took in what might just happened.

Otto: "Y/N.."

Y/N: "What.. happened?"

Otto: "He.. sacrificed himself to save us."