Chapter four

You woke up from a dream of Miranda and you holding hands as you kissed her. You swore after the Louisiana incident that you wouldn't date again...but you kind of miss the touch of a partner.

"Hello Y/n."

You snapped back from your thoughts as Miranda gets up as she holds her shoulder. You showed her another smiled as you sat in the bed with her.

"Hello Miranda...are you feeling okay?" You said as you rubbed your fingers. She places her hand on yours as she gives you a warm smile.

She tells you that she's fine and thankful that you saved her from the Lycan. You both smile and stare at each other's eyes. You felt your heart racing but you pulled away as Rose woke up.

You went over to Rose as she smiles and giggles for you.

You cradle her into your arms, when Miranda comes up behind you. The feeling of her next to you reminded you of Mia. Everything about Miranda triggered memories of Mia.

"May I ask you something Miranda?" You looked at her.

Miranda nods and smiles as she gently puts her hand on your hip. You began to feel warm and relax, something you dearly missed.

"Why do you have me and Rose here?" You asked. And right there, Miranda pulls herself away as she opens her mouth and quickly shuts it.

"Because...I umm...need you and Rose..." Miranda began to shake badly. You used your other hand to hold her shoulder.

"Hey it's okay...you can tell me another time but Rose needs her father—" You get cut off by Miranda.

"I cannot let you give Rose away to him, she's...special in a way..." She tells you, "I need her..." she added.

You had a sick feeling inside of your stomach when she said that she needed your niece. You gently let go of her as you back away from her.

"W-What do you mean special? Why do you need her?! She's a baby..." Your were concern.

"She's a perfect...her blood is different from people...so I need to test her." Miranda shuts her eyes as she lowers her head.

You didn't like the sound of her
sentence. So you held onto Rose tight.

"You are not testing Rose like a dam rat, for whatever your plaining on doing. I won't let you!" You shouted as you looked at Miranda.

Miranda grew angry. You shielded Rose as she began to cry, then she gets up and storms off as she locks the door. You were trapped again, you were furious that she wouldn't let you both leave.

"God fucking dammit!" You shouted as Rose cried out more, "I'm sorry Rose...I didn't mean to yell...I'm sorry for I'm letting you down, again." You added as you sang Rose the song again.

~Time Skips~

Miranda comes in, she sees that you and Rose weren't in the room. But she hears water running as she opens the bathroom door.

"Rose can you stop splashing water..." You laugh as she giggles at you, "you're getting water on me kiddo." You chuckle.

You looked behind as Miranda was in her pjs from yesterday. She comes up as she sits on the toilet and watches you and rose.