The Dark Forest - 10

King Lowell successfully reached the dark forest with the prisoner. It was daytime so they decided to wait for the night to come. The strange person had told King Lowell about the source of the dark forest a bit. According to the person, 'In the night time, the source of the magic got more powerful.'

Till the dark night came, both the prisoner and King Lowell start their preparation. They were making weapons that could work in the night against the darkness. It will come in handy to kill the most dangerous and powerful beast of the forest. They already took food and drink before the last sun rays fall into darkness. The night came as the moon was nowhere to be seen. The moon was hidden behind the clouds.

If a common man went into the dark forest, then till that time the forest and its beasts could have killed them. If they somehow survived that, the darkness could have controlled their mind. The dark forest could have killed them or lived them after tearing his soul. But both King Lowell and the prisoner were different. One had high-level magic inside him and one was himself demi-beast of the planet.

Soon, the dark forest's power keeps increasing as the night was getting high. Both of them felt it as it was trying to control their mind. They had their own powers to counter the effect. They were safe for now. When they felt the forest's power is getting stabilized, they start moving into the dense forest where the source of the forest was supposed to be hidden, the home of the beasts. The forest's power keeps getting effective as they were entering the dark territory.

They felt the dark forest starts hurting them a bit; they looked at each other and decided to finish the task as soon as possible. They knew the direction without any equipment. They just had to follow the path from where all these powers were coming. At the end of the road, they will find the king of the dark forest, the source.

'The forest got covered with silence.'

Some beasts started chasing after them. They were not attacking them. They were hungry, waiting for the right moment to snap their neck. King Lowell and the prisoner got in position. They halt at one place and pretended to fall into sleep. It was to lure those beasts out. Both King Lowell and the prisoner were hungry.

'The fire was burning around them.'

The beasts were surrounding them. They knew about the beast's movement as they heard their movement.

There were many skeletons lying in the forest, which looked very old. Everything was so dangerous that no one could stay there for a long time. It was clear, the powerful beasts used to kill and eat the weak ones. It could be estimated by looking at the fragments and atmosphere where they were sleeping.

                                                                                              ||| 1 |||

The forest's beasts took them as sleeping defenseless and attacked King Lowell and the prisoner. Both of them waited until all the beasts reach too close to them, as they were about to hit them, they used their powers. They got up and attacked the beasts.

Those beasts were very powerful and dangerous in appearance, but in front of their new weapons they could not hold themselves for long, and all of them were killed at the moment.

'Black smoke starts leaking from the prisoner.'

King Lowell and the prisoner cooked the dead beasts and ate them. They even drank their blood. The strange person had told King Lowell to do that so they were able to fight in the dense forest.

After they did it, both of them felt the strength of all the dead beasts flowing through their veins. They felt relaxed as the forces were adopting them. They do not waste any more time and enter into the dark forest, where the beasts having the most destructive powers were living.