𝟏𝟎|redfield

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

The sun had almost completely set as they went towards John B's latest hunch. He'd managed to get Kiara in on the plan thankfully, so they were all together once more. The girl had booted JJ from the front seat, getting him to move to the back so that she was in the passenger seat beside John B.

"You mind if I just relax on this one?"JJ asked as he removed the Juul from between his lips, leaning back against his seat. "It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. I'm just gonna lay low."

He wasn't wrong. Sure, they got up to the occasional adventure and trouble but in the space of only a couple of days, they had nearly been arrested, shot at and hunted down.

When JJ noticed Pope looking at him, he held out the Juul. "Oh, did you want a hit of this?"

"I keep the signal clear," Pope replied, holding a hand up to say no.

"If you're not going to," Callie shrugged as leaned across the Twinkie and took the Juul from JJ. The boy watched as she put it between her lips, taking a deep drag. He couldn't help the small smile that appeared, unable to look away.

The blond cleared his throat, releasing his bottom lip from between his teeth as he looked past the girl to Pope. "Dude, okay. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative? If you don't get creative, then-"

 "Look," John B said, cutting off the conversation. "I- I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, all right? And wrong about everything else going on. But, I- I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something."

None of the Pogues said anything in response. They were already on their way there, so there was no point in trying to convince him otherwise. Besides, what was the worst that could happen? At best, they find gold. At worst, they go home empty-handed.

Hopefully in one piece.

About another twenty minutes later, they arrived at a graveyard. Putting the van in park and grabbing some flashlights, they walked through the gates and began to make their way through the cemetery.

As the boys walked ahead, Callie hung back to talk to Kiara. 
"So, are you gonna tell me how John B was able to convince you and I wasn't?"

Kiara rolled her eyes, "It wasn't like that, Cal. John B and I. . . we just needed to straighten something out."

The brunette slowed down for a moment before swinging her flashlight up to shine it on Kiara's face like a spotlight. "What happened? What aren't you telling me?" she asked with narrowed eyes.