𝟑𝟖|implode

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

Once again, the Pogues found themselves at the Kildare County Sheriff's Station. Walking into Shoupe's office they didn't waste any time closing the door and dumping the gun down on his desk, telling him exactly what it was. 

The man looked from the weapon to the teens several times, trying to take their story in. "So y'all telling me this is the firearm Rafe Cameron killed Peterkin with?"

"That's exactly what we're telling you, Shoupe," JJ nodded. 

"Ane the exact same firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin," Pope added, confident that he couldn't turn them away this time.

Shoupe hesitated, staring at them. "And where's that corpse again?"

"Didn't you look?" Kiara asked the man.

"I checked the hospital. I went by his house. He was out."

Callie rolled her eyes, "He was out because he's dead, Shoupe!"

"Listen to yourself," JJ scoffed, his voice rising. "It makes perfect sense."

"Just because he's not in his damn home does not mean he was a victim of a homicide," the interim Sheriff said as calmly as possible.

Callie shook her head, dragging a hand through her hair which was still damp from the sewers. "You're really shit at your job, you realise that, right?"

"Hey-"

"Are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit, or are you just gonna sit on your ass?" Kiara demanded.

JJ took his hat off in frustration, "He'll sit there and wax that damned moustache. Is that even real?"

This got Shoupe out of his chair, growing angry with the teens. "Hey, I'll wax this-"

"Shut up, JJ!" Pope said firmly, trying to be the one voice of reason.

Shoupe then walked out from behind his desk, shoulders stiff in frustration. JJ laughed bitterly, "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt his feelings?"

"Shut up!"

"Why should he?" Callie snapped. "We give him a name, he doesn't listen. We give him a crime scene, he doesn't listen. We bring him a fucking murder weapon and he still doesn't fucking listen!"

The Sheriff opened the door to his office, gesturing with his hand as he spoke. "Get out. I got work to do. Y'all are smelling up my office."

"Because I almost drowned getting you evidence," Callie hissed as she walked over to the man.