𝟐𝟖|emotional shit

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

The group had gone back to the Wreck to try and figure out their next move. Callie sat off at another table, her knee bobbing up and down as she sat quietly in thought. She hadn't spoken to the rest of them since they'd left Barry's place. JJ hadn't looked back and he had kept walking to who knows where.

Callie was worried about him - she hadn't seen him like that in a long time and she was worried about what he might do. She wished that she had gone with him; she should've ignored her friends and just followed him.

"Hey, are you alright?" John B asked as he walked over to her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

The girl shook her head, staring out at the water. So much had happened over the past few days and she was beginning to rethink things. The argument with JJ kept replaying in her head and certain ideas that may have seemed good at the time were now beginning to fall into question.

"Look, he'll come around, all right?" John B tried to assure her. "It's. . . he's doing a JJ thing."

"You think he'll go home?" Kiara asked, the rest of them listening to the conversation.

Pope shook his head, "There's about a zero per cent chance that JJ goes home."

Callie didn't respond, her anxiety gripping at her vocal cords, tightening any time she thought she found the words. She agreed that it was unlikely he would return home but given how much things had changed, there was the chance that maybe that was exactly what he would do.

John B walked over to the table where the rest of them were, checking in on the latest additions to their group. "You guys okay?"

"Can't say you Pogues don't keep things interesting," Florence sighed.

Sarah Cameron glanced over at her boyfriend and nodded, "Yeah. Are you?"

The boy attempted a smile, "I mean, I'm in one piece, so. . ."

Pope stepped away from the window after trying to figure out what their next move should be.
"It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal. So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. Bring it all up at once. Put it in- in a safe or a vault or something. I- I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can go figure it out tonight, get it all done, and we can be out there as early as tomorrow morning."

"All right, let's do it," John B confirmed, taking a seat at the table.

"Easy."

"Let's go."

"What about that thing with my dad?" Sarah interrupted.

John B froze for a moment, before running a hand through his hair. "Shit."