𝟒𝟕|hypotheticals

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

After the explosion, Shoupe forced the Pogues to leave the crime scene. The only one who stayed was Florence, who had somehow managed to convince the man to let it slide. Callie was glad, though, because that meant that Sarah wouldn't be alone.

Wanting to stay together, they'd gone back to the Chateau and found their way out onto the dock. John B went down to the H.M.S Pogue, laying down on the front most likely unable to stop thinking about everything that had happened.

Pope was sitting on the edge of the dock closest to the boat beside Kiara quietly, and then Callie and JJ were standing up where the seats were. Wanting to keep his hands busy, JJ grabbed out his fishing pole and set up a lure, deciding to do some fishing.

 "He deserved it, right?" JJ asked quietly, spinning the reel slightly as he tried to tempt the fish below the surface.

"Are you joking?" Kiara asked, hearing the question from where she sat on the dock. "Of course he deserved it."

"Never seen anyone blow themselves up like that," Pope said absentmindedly.

JJ nodded, "Cross that one off the bucket list."

"JJ," Callie groaned, shaking her head.

He shrugged, knowing he shouldn't have said it.
"Sucks for Sarah."

"Yeah. I can't imagine what she's going through."

Climbing onto the boat, Kiara sat beside John B and put a hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

The boy barely looked up from the water as he answered, "It's not me I'm worried about."

Callie was just glad to hear that it had set in for him how this was affecting people besides him. None of them had heard from Sarah since they'd left Tannyhill and none of them really expected to. She had bigger things to prioritise than texting the Pogues.

They spent the next hour or so talking amongst themselves quietly but it was hard to make conversation. Callie decided that she didn't just want to sit around thinking about it all afternoon.

Leaning over, Callie put a hand on JJ's arm, "Hey, can we push our surfing lesson to tomorrow morning? I think I'm going to head home for a bit and check in with whoever's there." She found herself hesitating momentarily, before tacking on, "Did you want to come?" 

Looking down at her, he could see she needed to get away for a bit but she also didn't want to be alone. "Sure," he nodded.  He began to reel in his line, calling down to the other Pogues, "Hey, we'll be back. Cal just wants to check in at home considering that she's one of the only ones of us left with a healthy parent-child relationship."