𝟏𝟑|obsessed

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

Callie woke up early the next morning, groaning as the sun poured in through the windows of the Chateau. She sat up slowly in the pull-out bed, careful not to wake Kiara as she stood up, stretching her limbs a bit from the stiffness that sleep had brought.

Looking around she saw that Pope was also still asleep on the other couch and JJ's door was still shut. John B, however, was already up and sitting out on the porch. Slipping on her shoes, Callie walked out to join him, sitting by his side on the couch.

"How long have you been up for?" she asked in a quiet voice, mindful of her friends sleeping inside.

The boy glanced up at the girl with a smile. "Morning, Cal. Not long."

Shuffling closer to him, the girl tried to get a better look at what he was poring over. "What're you doin'?"

John B moved slightly so he could show her what he'd been looking at. He had the map his father had left out again and was comparing it with what little things they had been able to find in the ransacked office.
"Just trying to see if there was anything I missed, you know?"

Callie shrugged as she wrapped her arms around herself, the morning air starting to nip at her skin. She had stolen a shirt from JJ's room during the night since the crop she had worn that day wasn't that comfortable to sleep it. It helped fight against some of the cool air, but it only did so much. "I get it. But try not to stress over it. We have the coordinates, so let's just start with that."

"Kiara said the same thing," he sighed. "I just. . . I don't want to leave anything to chance. Not when we're so close."

Callie could see how much this meant to him. It wasn't just about the money to John B. Sure, it was a big part of it considering that Child Services were trying to take him away, but it was more than that. His father had made this treasure hunt his entire life and had gone missing in the process and was now presumed dead; finding this meant honouring his dad's memory in his mind.
Callie shifted so that she was able to reach an arm around the boy, resting her head on his shoulder. "Your dad would be really proud of you. You know that right?"

John B bit his lip, putting an arm around the girl also. He'd known her for so long she was practically the sister he never wanted and besides JJ, she was probably one of the only people who knew the depth of his relationship with his dad.
"Thanks, Cal. I hope so."

Her eyes flitted back over to the map, thinking about how deep Pope had said that area went. "Do you think the drone will work?"

"Only one way to find out," John B smiled. He then got up off of the couch, "C'mon, you grab the pans, I'll get the water."

"Or, we could wake them up like normal people," Callie suggested.

John B frowned in her direction, "And where's the fun in that?"