💙Chapter 26💙

Hold a true friend with both hands.
~African proverb.

"So when you add these two, it gives you 2x. Do you understand how I found that?" Mr. Jackson the teacher of mathematics said.

"No." The whole class chorused causing Mr. Jackson to aggressively pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Luna, could you help me explain?" He asked, and I felt awkward when everyone began to glare at me.

I did not hear a single thing he taught and just like everyone else, I did not understand.

"I also did not understand," I replied honestly. The whole time he was explaining my mind had drifted out of the classroom. At that very moment, he was explaining, I couldn't help but think about Xavier.

I did him wrong and he deserved an apology from me. I just couldn't shake the guilt out of my system and the only thought on my mind was the need to apologize to him.

Good thing Mathematics was the last subject before lunchtime so I stared at Mr. Jackson while waiting for the siren to ring.

"Please tell me you're joking Luna. That's not like you." He replied. I don't think I did anything wrong in not understanding his explanation. I, like other students, can also have my moments where a certain concept may be too hard for me to comprehend.

"I just didn't get the explanation quite well, would you please explain again?" I said hoping the next time he would explain I would try to give my maximum attention.

"Okay then, let me explain this again. I want you all to pay attention this time..."

I was ready to listen carefully when the siren interrupted him from his lesson.I never thought I would ever get so relieved to hear that sound.

Everyone began to excitedly leave the classroom and I followed suit.

I walked into the cafeteria in hopes of seeing Xavier so that I could immediately apologize to him. I also wanted to let him know how I felt about him.

As I entered, I searched the cafeteria for him but immediately, my eyes caught sight of him seated next to Kassy at the popular people's table.

The minute I saw him comfortable next to her, it sent shock waves to my body that left my stomach in knots.

Why was Xavier seated next to her?

I did not have a good feeling about that but I couldn't wipe away the feelings of jealousy that began to develop in my heart.

That was when I thought about Tristan.Where was Tristan and why wasn't he next to Kassy?

Maybe Kassy did something to him. That girl happens to be so psycho I would not be shocked if she killed him and hid his body.

Maybe they argued about it and broke up. So I decided to avoid looking in that direction and get my food.

I collected my food making sure to avoid adding hot sauce this time because I had no interest in history repeating itself.

I searched around the cafeteria for either Pearl or Mackenzie so that I could sit next to them.

After minutes of analyzing the people in the cafeteria, I spotted Pearl seated alone on a table. So I immediately walked to her and took a seat.

"Hey Pearl," I said, glancing at her shocked expression. She had every reason to be amazed because for a while, I had been seating next to Xavier and she never seemed to join us during those times. So the fact that I came to sit next to her this time may have surprised her.

"Hey Luna, how are you?" She adjusted her glasses slightly and allowed a serene smile to spread over her face.

"I am fine. How about you?" I may have said I am fine but I definitely did not feel that way. My boyfriend, I mean fake boyfriend, was seated next to the trouble maker, Kassy. I just wondered if he told her about what had happened.

"Well, I am very fine and I have great news for you."

She did seem very excited and for some reason, I wanted to hear her news, maybe it could be exactly what I needed to wipe away all my negative thoughts.

"Tell me, I wanna hear the good news."

"Well, you remember---" she cut herself off when she saw Lily and Mackenzie coming my way.

I did not expect them to come to see me . I got used to them always going to the bathroom to do their makeup.

"Hey," I said excitedly to them. They both wore matching dresses of different colors. It seemed like they already did their makeup in advance because their faces looked done.

"Hey, Luna is everything  alright?" Mackenzie said causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"Yes, everything is okay," I answered. I had a feeling she asked me that question because of the whole Xavier sitting next to Kassy situation which I had no interest in answering any questions on.

" So this is Pearl, my friend," I said trying to prevent them from bringing that up.

"You're so pretty, my name's Lily and this is my sister Mackenzie." Lily grinned.

"Thanks, it's so nice to meet you both," Pearl replied.

"It's amazing to see all my friends come together," I said forcing a genuine smile. I was pained deep inside but I was trying to hide the hurt on my face.

"It certainly is." Lily chuckled.

There was an awkward silence among us as we kept munching our food.

I tried to eat but it felt impossible with all the anxiety I was feeling, so I kept taking small bites to avoid suspicion.

At some points, I would take a glance at the popular people's table to see how Xavier was fairing but I got completely startled when I  noticed he was all alone and Kassy was not seated next to him.

"How are you able to act like everything is normal, you little harlot?" I knew the only person capable of calling me a harlot so I turned around to find Kassy staring at me with her hands on her waist.

So I stood up and I glared daggers at her. If a fight is what she wanted then a fight is what she would get.