💙Chapter 27💙

Only a fool tests the depth of a river with both feet.
~African proverb.

"Kassy, if you would like to talk, we can do that in private," I said.

I suggested that because I know how dramatic she can be.

"No, I have no interest in that. I want you to get embarrassed." She said raising her voice so loud, I am sure even people seated at the back of the cafeteria would hear her.

"If you want to fight her again, it would be best you consider the implications of that action." Mackenzie defended me. She was right, if Kassy dared to fight me again, she would get expelled this time.

"I am not here to fight her. As I said, I want to embarrass her." She said keeping her volume so high everyone began to stare at us.

"Please Kassy we can talk about this in private," I whispered to her. If she dared to reveal what I did, that would embarrass me for life. I don't even know how I would move head high knowing that.

"No, you shameless harlot!" She screamed in anger.

I stared at her in silence. That was the end of my dignity in that school.

"Hey! You fat boy at the back of the cafeteria can you hear me?" She said looking in the direction where Kyle was seated. He was busy eating spaghetti but he immediately stopped when he heard Kassy talking to him.

"Yes!" He screamed with some bits of spaghetti in his mouth. The fact that he could hear her despite being at the back of the cafeteria meant everyone was going to hear what she was going to say.

"Good to hear." She paused." This black girl here is a harlot and I am here to disgrace her for her actions. She, despite having a boyfriend, dared to kiss Tristan again."

Everyone in the cafeteria gasped including Pearl, Lily, and Mackenzie.

"So do you know what I do to harlots like her?" She asked everyone in the cafeteria.

"What?" All the pupils in the cafeteria chorused.

"Xavier please come here. " I watched as Xavier walked towards her with a deadpanned expression. I could not read whether he was angry or happy about what Kassy was doing to me but I stood wondering if he felt remorseful about her actions towards me.

"Luna, you kissed my boyfriend so I will do the same." She grabbed Xavier's tall figure and aggressively kissed him. I stared in awe as I watched him kiss her back.

Why was Xavier doing that to me?

Everyone in the cafeteria began to applaud while I peered in absolute misery. I then understood how Xavier felt to see me kiss Tristan.

It hurt!

I felt jealousy and pain at the same time until the warmth of my tear was felt on my cheek. It rolled across my face reminding me of my agonizing agony.

I understood Xavier for doing that to me but I felt that there could have been a better way to get revenge.

When they were done I didn't bother to wipe my tears. I was wrong. I deserved that. I should not have gone to that school in the first place or even to Germany.

None of this would have happened if I stayed in Africa with my close friends.

I gazed at them as the sound of clashing hands echoed in my ears. People in the cafeteria found this entertaining. Not like that would shock me.

Xavier's face immediately turned downcast when he noticed my tears. I gazed at him wondering whether he felt apologetic or whether he knew how bad his actions were on me.

"So everyone, I want you to meet my new boyfriend," Kassy said causing my jaw to drop.

It was that easy for him to move on. Anyways why wouldn't he? I cheated on him even though we were not really in a relationship.

I deserved that. He deserved to move on from me I wasn't right for him.

Everyone began to applaud once more and I felt even more hurt. So he asked her to be his girlfriend and I didn't get to hear him ask me.

If this was what it felt to be heartbroken, I would have done better to stay away from boys.

"I am sorry Luna. Let's go get you cleaned up." Mackenzie said with her eyes slightly teary. At least she felt pity for me.

"Yeah." Pearl and Lily agreed.

I glanced at Xavier one last time and noticed a tear roll down his face. Did he feel sorry for me?

I walked away from the cafeteria with all my three friends. Lily and Mackenzie held my hands on both sides as we walked out, while Pearl carried my bag for me. I felt grateful to have them there with me.

I was hoping Xavier could follow us but he seemed not to come. He didn't feel sorry, neither did he care and it was clear from his actions.

My stomach churned at that knowledge. I was a fool to think he would come back for me.

"I think we need to stop here," I said stopping us from going any further. I knew they wanted to take me to the restroom so that I could get cleaned up but I had come to a decision that it would be better for me to go back home.

"Thank you so much but I think I need to go home now," I muttered. I couldn't stay for even a minute at school. I had gone through too much in just one day that I knew I wouldn't focus on any of my classes. Besides, who knows what names my classmates would give me when I enter the classroom.

"We understand if you choose to go home," Pearl said handing me my bag.

"We hope you have a safe journey," Mackenzie said.

"And if you need someone to talk to, you can always call any of us," Lily added.

"Thanks," I hugged them all one by one.

After waving at them, I left the school wondering whether I would ever come back again.

******
Do you think Luna leaving the school would be a good decision?