💙Chapter 4💙

We will water the thorn for the sake of the rose.
~African proverb

" Luna !" My mom screamed, making me wake up from sleep. Usually, my mom always acted like my alarm clock. I mean it when I say that never have I ever bought an alarm clock, like seriously, why buy one when you have a human one that never stops working and works very well.

   I am such a sleepy head so my mom usually wakes me up for school. She has such a loud voice that once she screams even a siren (if it could) would applaud at the fact that it is inferior. So because of her loud voice, I am never late for school. It is actually funny because she doesn't even have to move from where she is, she just has to shout my name, and boom I am up.

    Immediately I woke up, I went to the bathroom to prepare myself. After some long hours of me and the bathroom, I went to the kitchen to eat some breakfast.

  "What's for breakfast mom?" I asked,  smelling the amazing aroma coming from the food that my mom was preparing.

"Smell!" My mom retorted.

"Jeez, mom," I said whilst heading towards the stove to get a better view of what my mom was cooking.

"Wow! that looks delicious," I said, salivating as I kept looking at the pancakes. I reached out to get one but I immediately felt someone smack my hand.

"Young girl please take a seat and wait for your treat. "My mom commanded.

"Okay, mom," I said rubbing my hand to relieve the pain from the smack my mom just gave me.

When I sat down, my dad also came to take a seat. Then after my dad sat down, my mom brought the breakfast for us to eat.

"Luna, you told me nothing about how school was yesterday ." My dad said.

"Oh, that, it was okay," I said trying to hide all the details.

"Okay  that's  good to hear, your mom told me you have some project with some boy ." My dad said. When my mom realized that my dad had just confessed that they spoke about all that I told her, she immediately hid her face in her bag.

"Oh, that, yeah I do. Wait, my clock says that I only have 30 minutes remaining, I will be late for  school so we have to go ." I said trying to STOP and change the topic because the last time I spoke about a guy to my father, my dad really hated it until he later approached him. It was very awkward. And all I said was that he is a very nice person. So I just had to change the topic.

"Yes, let's  get going, Luna." My mom said awkwardly immediately she removed her head from the inside of her bag.

"Yeah, we gotta go," I said whilst leaving the table and heading for the door. My mom followed me and we immediately entered the car not even minding my dad's response.

"Mom you told him?" I asked.

"Honey, I just had to."

"Why? you know how dad is, so you will even tell him what I am saying right now, won't  you?"

"No! I guess I was excited."

"Excited, Excited about what?"

"It's just ...my baby is all grown up she is even hanging out with boys, that's so exciting."

"Ha..." I sighed ." Mom, he isn't even a friend, he is just my project partner that's all. There isn't any hanging out mom."

" Ain't that what we all say ." She replied, singing.

"Jeez, mom."

After that awkward conversation, I sat silently just waiting for us to arrive at school. When we did, I was actually happy to go to school.

"Bye, mom," I said closing the door of the car.

" Bye honey, have a nice day."

I entered the school and just like yesterday, I got many gawks. It's not like it's the first time, I told myself as I saw people continuously staring at me.

As I was walking, I suddenly got stopped by the darkness that I started seeing because someone was covering my eyes.

"Let me guess, Pearl?" I said wondering who was covering my eyes.

"Wow! "The person let go of my eyes allowing me to see who it was.

"Oh... Tristan, how are you?"

"I am not fine actually."

"What's wrong?"

"It's just a girl called Luna Dawns thought I am some girl. She just doesn't  even know how much she has upset me."

"I am sorry about that Tristan, it's just that you covered my eyes so I couldn't even see who  it was."

"I am fine, it doesn't really matter, I just wanted an apology for nothing." He said." You look nice though."

Really? I just wore a really simple dress I picked that reminds me of Africa.

"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself. "I said, blushing but thanks to my skin color he couldn't even notice.

"I don't look bad?! That's all you got girl, really?"

"What? Have I said something wrong?"

"Yes, you have! Stop beating around the bush and tell me something better." He commanded.

"Okay?... like what?"

"Something like you look handsome Tristan or you look really cute. "He said, making his voice smaller, trying to mimic a girl.

"Okay... Tristan, you look extremely  handsome ."

"Really? "He said whilst jumping up and down like some girl.

"Well I knew it, it is good to know  that you finally noticed." He said giggling.

"So what did you want to tell me?" I said wondering why he even came to talk to me in the first place.

"Nothing just wanted to talk to you, and about the fake baby  project we will definitely talk about that during biology class."

He wanted to talk to me, I always thought I am such a boring person.

"Okay, Mr. Farts see you in class."

"Okay ...wait... what? Girl, I told you not to call me that, please don't."

"Fine, I won't," I said giggling.

"Good girl. "He said whilst patting my head ." Bye for now. "

"Okay, bye."