💙Chapter 29💙

Tomorrow is pregnant and no one knows what she will give birth to.
~African proverb.

I entered the classroom but no one seemed to make a single comment.

Many noticed me enter but not one of them uttered a single word. I raised my brow, perplexed at what was happening.

I expected that the moment I enter, I would hear people call me a harlot or any sort of insult they would come up with; but no one seemed to even have a desire to mock me.

A wave of relief hit me and I took a seat and placed my textbook on the table.

I decided that while I wait for the teacher to enter the classroom, I could read a few of my notes.

The glomerulus (plural glomeruli) is a network of small blood vessels (capillaries) known as a tuft, located at the beginning of a nephron in the kidney.

Urgh! why does biology have to be so boring?

I stared at the page without a single desire to keep reading. It was just boring but I had no option, being in school means I have to study.

I kept reading hoping even 2% of what I was reading would actually stick to my memory.

"Luna," I raised my head knowing who just called my name.

"What do you want Tristan?" I replied rudely. I didn't mean to reply rudely but I just could not stand Tristan's presence.

"Luna, we need to talk." He said calmly. I stared at him, it wouldn't be the right time to talk, not in front of all those people in my class, and besides, Mrs. Smith would come in any time.

"We can't talk now." I eyed my classmates whose attention was on both of us.

"I don't mean now. I have arranged for all of us to meet after classes."

"Who is the 'us'?" I ogled him, not having an idea of what he was talking about.

"Kassy, Xavier, you and I."

My forehead scrunched up." Why do you want us to meet?"

"We need to talk about everything and settle all our issues."

"Have they all agreed to meet?"

"Yes they have, so will you come after classes?"

I thought about it and I didn't mind the idea of our meeting. "Where should I go to meet all of you?"

"You know the coffee shop just near this school?"

"Yes, I do. I will meet you all there then."

****

I entered the cafeteria in fear. It was that very place where Kassy embarrassed me. The place where the guy I like kissed a girl I hate so much.

The memories flooded my mind but I tried to ignore them.

I searched around the cafeteria for Xavier. I don't understand why I wasn't angry with him. In fact, the more I was away from him, the more I missed him. I just wanted him to forgive me and for us to act like none of that ever happened.

My eyes immediately spotted him seated next to Kassy. Well, no surprise there.

I felt jealous to see them together and I almost felt angry at that sight. I shifted my gaze from them and decided to get my lunch.

What was shocking me was how no one in the cafeteria said a word to me. I was expecting weird gawks and comments but people acted like they didn't see me.

I liked how everyone was treating me nicely despite the accusations Kassy made.

I guess I was just being paranoid because nothing turned out the way I was thinking it would. My day so far was pretty normal compared to the overdramatic picture I imagined of how my day would be.

I took a seat next to Pearl who was busy talking to Lily and Mackenzie.

"Hey," I said, placing my food on the table.

"Hey, Luna how are you doing today?" Mackenzie asked with her forehead scrunched up in worry.

"I am alright. How are you all?" I replied cheerfully.

"Fine." They all replied in unison.

"Luna, you will not believe what happened yesterday after you left," Lily asserted, making me wonder what she was talking about.

"What happened?"

"The moment you left, Tristan showed up from nowhere and defended you," Mackenzie said proving that they were all aware of what had happened.

"What do you mean?" I asked trying to understand how he defended me.

"When you walked away, he came in and began shouting to everyone in the cafeteria..." Lily said but got interrupted by Mackenzie.

"He was like: ' Kassy is wrong about Luna. I kissed her. I am the real person to blame here. If there is anyone you should be mad at right now, Kassy, it should be me. Luna is a sweet girl that did not deserve any of those accusations you made. Neither did she deserve to be treated like that. If anyone deserves to be called names it should be me....' " Mackenzie explained but got disrupted by Lily.

"Come on Mackenzie, I was the one telling the story. "She chuckled." He even told everyone not to blame you for everything. He basically made all the pupils side with you."

He did all that?

That explained why no one was being rude to me. Why I got no comments and why my day went normally.

A smile plastered itself over my face at hearing all of that. I needed to thank Tristan for that gesture.

"That's great news. I feel so relieved right now." I said taking a sip of my water.

"It truly is great news, " Pearl responded.

"Talking about good news. You still did not tell me the good news you said you would tell me." I looked at Pearl waiting for an answer.

Her cheeks turned red as a tomato." I am back with Brandon Klein."

"You mean you guys talked out your issues and now you're are a thing again?" A wide grin formed on my face.

"Yes, he told me he still has feelings for me and he would like us to be a couple again." She lowered her head to hide her flushed face.

"Didn't you kinda like Tristan?" Lily asked. What always shocked me was how she and her sister Mackenzie always seemed to know everything happening in the school.

"Tristan who?" She joked." My emotions are weird. I like Brandon, all my feelings for Tristan are gone."

I didn't know if I should be worried or celebrate but I definitely would not want to be someone to throw shade on her shine.

"Congrats, I am happy to hear that," I said, keeping a smile on my face.

"Congrats." Lily and Mackenzie chimed in.

I looked over in the direction Xavier and Kassy were seated in and it only made me anxious about the meeting we would have after classes.

******

I am excited about the meetup.

Who knows what drama will spark there.

Keep reading to find out.