06 | a friend who is a girl

Sunghoon's POV

"There was a booking in the name of Choi Youngjae and Maria Martinez." Thea spoke to the lady at the reception trying to get the keys of our room. I sat down on one of the couch in the lounge, waiting for her. Soon, Thea walked up to me with a single key in her hand.

"One room?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. She nodded, lifting the handle of her suitcase and pulling it closer to her.

"It has two beds, pervert." She said, glaring at me. I let out a horrified gasp, waving my hands in her direction and shaking my head furiously.

"I never meant like that—" I said, assuring her my thoughts were innocent and not twisted in any manner. She looked at me for a few seconds and then hummed in response. Perhaps she had confirmed from my body language that I was speaking the truth.

"Let's go to our room and order some dinner though room service."

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"Heeseung texted me saying a man will hand over a car to us tomorrow morning for going to Hiroshima." I spoke up, breaking the silence after we had done unpacking our things. We were given a huge room on the fifteenth floor, which had two double beds, a huge bathroom and a big plasma tv with a fridge full of drinks and water bottles. There was also a big wardrobe in the corner of the room, two big windows and a balcony with two wooden chairs to sit on.

Thea, being herself, had popped in another piece of gum in her mouth as soon as we had reached our room. The sound of her jaws working on it along with chains being opened echoed in the room when we were silently unpacking stuff.

"Good." She said, before blowing up a huge bubble but much to her disappointment it burst within a few seconds, the deflated bubble gum sticking to her lips. She proceeded to remove the gum off her lips with the help of her teeth and tongue, not even bothered about the fact that I was silently watching her behave like a mere child.

"Anyways, what do you want to eat?" I asked her, picking up the hotel restaurant's menu and skimming through it.

"Anything works except prawns. I'm allergic to it." She said, getting up from the bed she was sitting on and stretching her hands to ease her stiff muscles. I hummed in response as I sat down on the couch, dialing the restaurant's number to order dinner.

"I'm going for a shower. Don't barge in." She informed me while I was on the call, waiting for someone to pick up.

"Why the fuck will I barge inside the bathroom when you are having a bath?!" I exclaimed, almost yelling and not realising that someone had already picked up the phone in the restaurant while I was busy talking to Thea.

"Excuse me sir, but you can call us later if you are not busy" A male spoke nervously from the other side, wondering if he was invading our privacy or not. I stumbled upon my words, not sure what to reply. Thea got the hint that something was wrong and took the chance to quickly escape from there and lock herself inside the bathroom.

"No, no- everything is alright- I was just talking to my uh— girl-friend?" I said, before mentally kicking myself for calling Thea my girlfriend. "I meant a friend, who is a girl!" I yelled into the phone, embarrassing myself further.

"Okay...?" The man said, probably minutes away calling a mental hospital. I quickly changed the topic by bringing up the dinner order. Soon, I kept the phone down and let out a sigh in relief, glad that the humiliating phone call was already over.

"This lady is going to be the end of me!" I muttered under my breath, sulking and sitting down on one of the beds. I was sitting in silence, wondering why my life was such a mess at this point when I noticed a stainless steel military dog tag fallen on the ground, near the bed. Curious, I bent down and picked it up, reading the name engraved on it.

"Eugene Williams?" I whispered upon reading the unfamiliar name. Suddenly I heard the water falling from the shower stop, making me quickly place it back on the bed and sit on a couch, pretending nothing had happened.

The bathroom door opened, revealing Thea wearing simple yellow cotton t-shirt with black track pants, her hair wrapped in a towel while she hummed a song under her breath. I noticed her pick up the military tag and wear it around her neck, tucking the tag inside her t-shirt.

"When is dinner coming? I'm so hungry right now it's making me wonder if the furniture is edible." She spoke up, looking at me. I shrugged my shoulders and frowned, which was the universal motion of saying 'I have no freaking idea.' She let out a curse under her breath, before diving on the bed and spreading her limbs out like a starfish.

"What the heck are you doing?" I asked her, confused after watching her move her hands and legs and pretending to make a snow angel on the mattress.

"I'm bored. Why do you care?" She asked, sitting up and unwrapping the towel from her head, throwing it at me. I caught the wet towel in air and threw it back at her.

"Because I'm literally staying with you right now?" I said, emphasising on every word. "My brain hurts seeing you do these kind of stuff." I said, motioning towards her entire self. She let out a exasperated sigh and rolled her eyes at me.

"No one asked you to observe my behaviour, Agent Dipshit. Mind your own business."