15 | interrogation

Thea's POV

"We need to stay a few more days here." Sunghoon spoke into his earpiece, talking to Heeseung, while I searched the room where Mr. Rodriguez was staying on the night he assassinated Mr. Haruno. We had gone through the register of customers and discovered that just like us, he had made up a fake identity. 

After crying in the morning, I had made Sunghoon swear on his new coat and the guns he possessed that he would pretend it didn't happen. Even though he said it was very unnecessary, I didn't want to take any chances since I knew he would leave no opportunity to tease me by saying something like "You look so ugly when you are crying ha, ha."

I was checking all the drawers, hoping Mr. Rodriguez had accidently left behind something but in vain. I bent down, checking the area under the bedside table when I noticed a small piece of paper fallen on the ground. I put my fingers inside, taking out the piece of paper. I looked up at Sunghoon, showing him the object in my hand.

"I'll call you later." He said, while I stood up to show him the newly found paper. I flipped it over, and saw that some sort of an address was scribbled on it in a very messy handwriting, but neat enough to make out every word.

"It's an address." Sunghoon said, stating the obvious. I rolled my eyes at him, before slapping the back of his head not-so-softly.

"I'm not blind, dipshit." I scoffed, glaring at him. He muttered an apology under his breath, taking the piece of paper out of my hands in a split second. "Hey—" I protested, trying to get back the paper but he lifted his hand up in the air, making it out of reach. I silently cursed at his hands for being so long but still tried to get back the address. Soon enough, I gave up and let him take it.

"I win." He said, throwing a wink at me. I elbowed him in the ribs and walked away, making my way to talk to the staff asking if they had observed something during Mr. Rodriguez's stay.

Sunghoon's POV

"So petty for what?" I muttered to myself while rubbing my aching ribs, looking at the address written on the piece of paper. I called Heeseung again, the said male clicking his tongue in annoyance as soon as he came back online.

"You said you will call later. What the heck is this then— it has been barely two minutes!" He snapped, making me chuckle at his statement.

"Sorry, bro. I didn't know you would be required so soon." I said, to which he just grumbled something under his breath and then hummed in response, telling me to go ahead. "We found this address on a paper. Can you tell me what is it?" I asked, staring at the scribbled address. I read out the address and waited for Heeseung to respond. After a few minutes of hearing the sound of keys on the keyboard being pressed and the mouse being clocked a dozen times, I finally heard him speak.

"It's some sort of a bar which has a very bad history. It has been raided many times by the authorities but surprisingly nothing was found each time." He said, his voice in a serious tone. I nodded to myself and was about to reply when I saw Thea enter the room along with a male beside her.

"He claims he had brought something for Rodriguez." She said, before turning around and telling the staff member to sit down on one of the couches. She herself sat down opposite to him, offering him a glass of water to drink.

"Alright. Send me the location and phone number of the bar if you can find any." I said, earning a hum in response from Heeseung, who then went offline again.

"You have to be completely honest with me, okay?" Thea said, looking at the staff male sitting in front of her. He nodded, his movements slightly stiff and nervousness clearly visible on his face. I patted Thea's shoulder, letting her ask me the first question.

"Give me the exact details and time when you went to his room, what you saw, what he said to you and when did you leave." I said, looking at the man intently to observe his behaviour closely. Thea pulled out her phone, keeping it on the table to record his answer.

"He had asked for an extra pillow in his room, even though there were two of them already present." The man answered, meeting mine and Thea's eyes. I hummed in response, wondering about the reason.

Perhaps he had used them as a support while using the sniper gun, since there was not much space for a man to fully bend down comfortably and shoot leaning on the edge of the window without any external support.

"What time was it?" Thea asked, leaning a bit forward.

"Around eight in the evening, ma'am." He answered promptly, sure of it. She nodded slowly, before asking him another question.

"Did you see anything suspicious when you entered his room?" She asked, arching her eyebrows. The staff member thought about it for a few moments by staring down at the floor, before shaking his head.

"I did not see anything suspicious but had heard something when I was going to knock on his door to give him what he wanted." He answered, now nodding at his own statement. I looked down at Thea, who met my eyes, our minds thinking about the same thing.

"What was he saying?" I said, speaking out our thoughts. He thought about it for a few seconds, before replying.

"I think he was on a phone call with someone— I heard him talking so I stopped because I didn't want to disturb him, but I couldn't help to listen to what he was saying since he was talking either loudly or pretty near to the door." He answered, looking down at the center table between him and us while recalling the events. "He was supposed to be somewhere day after tomorrow around ten in the night." He added, looking up at us both.

"You know it's bad to listen to someone's conversation, right?" Thea asked, her eyebrows arched. The man's cheeks flushed as he nodded solemnly.

"I couldn't help it." He admitted, fiddling with his fingers.

"Is there anything else you want to say?" I asked him, grabbing his attention. He thought for a few seconds, before nodding furiously.

"While I was giving him the pillow, he had asked me where a particular street was located and how he can go there."