(47)

The slight humming of the car woke Eleanora up from her deep slumber. Her eyes blinked open slowly with a small groan. It took few minutes for her vision to be clear. She glanced down at herself and found her leg treated. A comforter was covering her body from the cold.

She looked in front and was relieved to find Hades in the driving seat.

He glanced at her face through the rearview and handed her a bottle of freshwater.

Nora took it without a word and drank the entire bottle in a one go. A small sigh left her lips.

She leaned her head against the window and watched the beautiful scenery outside, they were passing in blur. It was nearly 6 in the morning.

Hades didn't exchanged any words with her and Nora herself was feeling too weak to even utter any word out. Instead she just watched as they passed tall buildings and crowded streets. Her heart felt heavy. Still worried about her brothers.

Hades was looking all emotionless but his eyes looked restless. When the car stopped at the signal, Nora watched silently as he drummed his fingers on the steering wheel. His eyes repeatedly moved at the screen of his phone.

Suddenly his brows furrowed as he stared at something behind their car. Nora slightly craned her neck to look back. Three black cars were behind them.

At the green light, the car again started moving. The three other cars followed. Nora watched confused as the speed of their car lowered dramatically, letting the one of the car in front. Two remained behind theirs.

In the next second, Hades was following the first car and two others followed theirs.

They finally entered into a private grounds. The name that Nora saw on the entrance was 'Gray-Crimson Estate'.

The cars finally stopped. The first car's door opened and much to Eleanora's shock Damon stepped out from it.

Her heartbeat slowed down as she looked at the blood that stained his white dress shirt and pants. But he looked completely unbothered. There were several small cuts on his fists. Angel followed behind him. He was shirtless that way Nora was able to see his shoulder that was bleeding profusely.

Nora gasped at their sight and without thinking threw the door open of their car. She wasn't able to hear the voice of Hades calling her name.

"Angel!" Upon hearing his name, Angel turned to look at her. His facial expressions morphed in confusion at the sight of Eleanora.

As soon as Nora had put her weight on her swollen leg, a whimper left her lips as her body collapsed on the ground.

Damon was immediately in front of her. He placed his hands on her shoulders and glanced down at her leg with a concerned look on his face.

"What Happened?" Damon growled, his eyes fixed on Hades who was speaking to someone on his phone.

"A snake bit her ankle back in the woods." He said to Damon and whoever that someone was on the phone.

Damon cursed under his breath.

"Is it paining too much?" He asked, this time his eyes transfixed on Nora's teary face. His voice was now gentle.

She slowly shook her head and whispered lowly.

"N-no. B-but Angel is h-hurt."

Damon smiled slightly at her concern and gently patted her head.

Angel stood at the distance oblivious to this only stared at Nora's face but her eyes were only fixed on his shoulder. His fists clenched as he glanced down at her heavily bandaged leg.

"Angel is fine!" Hades said loudly enough for both of them to hear.

Angel's brows went up in genuine surprise. But a moment later, he rolled his eyes before storming inside the giant building.

Her blurred vision followed his back.

She didn't even noticed when Damon motioned at Hades so he could pick her up in his arms.

Hades effortlessly picked her up in his arms and strode towards the entrance of building. Damon followed behind them. His hands stuffed in the pockets.

They moved towards the elevator and pressed the button of 8th floor.

The doors dinged opened and they made their way towards one of the room.

Damon pushed the door open of that room and let Hades enter inside first. Nora looked around the room as Hades laid her down on the bed.

"Take rest. I will be back in few seconds." Damon told her and walked out from the room. Hades also silently followed behind.

Just as they reached near the doors, Nora asked a question.

"Are others ok?" She asked slowly.

"They will be here soon." Damon told her with a small smile.

She heaved a sigh in relief at his response.