Intro (Shuichi's pov)

It had been a months since the killing game. I, Shuichi Saihara, escaped it. So did my fellow classmates once they awoke from their slumber. I think I've grown a fair amount since then, its only been one month.

I've already developed a routine for the day, hang out with a group of friends, and have a job. Something a high school boy should have, not trauma.

"Hey shuichi! Heyy, right here!" I was too entranced by my thoughts, I turned to see my best friend Kaede waving at me though the window.

Im in a coffee shop, Kaede and I visit on Fridays to discuss about a fellow classmate.

...

Ever since we gained conscience, things have changed. Everybody went to group therapy right after.

Everything was a problem.

For example, Tsumugi convinced herself she was the mastermind. After hours of sessions, she managed to fix her wrong doings. Now she's somewhere, far away. I hear she's still taking therapy and hasn't changed. To be honest, I don't know.

Another example is the growth in Rantaro. Currently in Texas, finding anything worth exploring, or even famous landmarks. Still convinced his sisters were alive, he pursued his "ultimate." I like to believe they're alive, despite many others thinking they're dead just like Danganronpa killed theirs.

Many others, on the other hand, stayed away from their ultimate.
Including me.
If it wasn't clear, I dont want to be seeing more dead bodies and understanding hurtful trials. Ryoma decided to take away from physical sports into other areas. Kiibo is even trying to be a pop star!

Kokichi, on the other hand. He barely even showed to the first therapy session. He managed to get in, and kept to himself. After that, he's been gone without a trace.

"Any new updates?" Kaede is helping me with my last and final case,

The case to find the ultimate Supreme leader.

"No, not yet. I've been researching dice and barely found much. Mostly suspicions of them doing crime, no solid hideout or faces..."

The pianist could hear my sigh, she sipped her own coffee. I could tell she was getting herself hyped up for another daily speech.

"You can do it! I know we'll find him. Hey, I heard from Miu that-"

"You found info?! Tell me!" I may have sounded too desperate, it startled her. I could see a smirk creeping up

"Do you like him or something?" Kaede questioned, chuckling to herself.

I, frankly, didn't have words. Its not like I dont, or maybe I do. Its just a feeling in my chest I've always had with him, I want to know more. When he died, I had lossed something I valued. Now, I can't lose that.

"N-no? Back on track, what did you say?"

Kaede quickly remembered, taking another final swig of coffee to explain.

"Miu spotted Kokichi. By her own words, she was at a gas station after the second therapy session, getting extra gas with Kiibo- until she saw him in the soda isle. He seemed to be staring at a purple fanta, before he noticed her. The second he did, Miu says "he turned all fuckin' scared, like a small puppy, and just made like a tree and fucked off!" ...Thats all I got, Shuichi."

I do remember Kokichi liked "panta", his own little drink hed carry with him. A twisted feeling in my gut came, because I knew deep down Kokichi was hurting.

He wasn't physically here, but something in my heart told me he was alive and hurt.

Like Rantaro searching for his sisters.

"This is great info, Kaede, I have to thank you. I just... something in me wants to find more about him. Since his whole organization..."

Hearing news about the real world changing was hard. Kaito's grandparents died, so did mine. Many of our close friends or relatives had left or died, leaving us to fend for ourselves. At first it was hard, but I understood. We got really popular and had enough money for anything, so maybe it wasn't all bad.

Kaede seemed to understand, linking hand in hand with me. I felt reassured with her warmth, remembering I still had so much time to find him.