Part 5 (3rd pov)

Slurping up Ramen, both talked and talked. Not about the killing game, or nightmares, or cutting. Just... about things they've seen. Things they like. Suprisingly, Nagito still had mental problems.

Then he went on to explain.. they just don't go away. You just learn to deal with them. Ouma bet it was on one of the cookies, the other chuckled and said "you'll soon find out one day."

Both boys walked out of the restaurant, regenerated. The luck filled adult had been feeling lonely, and wanted to know more about Ouma. The purplenette felt calmed... like a real figure in his life cared about him.

Course, he was thankful for Peko and Fuyuhiko... yet, Nagito felt different.

Its like he somehow knew, and understood. Maybe it was the warm butterscotch feeling to him all, but Kokichi felt nice. Usually he'd hate getting close to people but he's...

Not that bad.

Kokichi absent-mindedly drank... panta. He didn't realize until later, but.. even though he liked it during the killing game- it wasn't haunting.

"Sometimes you have to hold onto something from the past to move forward." Nagito cut in from his own funny story, looking down at the boy linking arms with him.

Ouma shook his head, sipping it. "Whered you get THAT from? Dr suess?"

Both laughed. It felt strange,,, but Ouma could get used to it.

They continued walking back through a few more stores, Before he heard a shout.

"Kokichi? Is that you?!" He turned, seeing...

Shuichi Saihara. He looked older then Ouma thought. He dropped his coffee, leaving time for Nagito to lift him up. Ouma pointed to an alleyway, sobbing for him to run.

Nagito reluctantly agreed, despite the shouts coming behind him. They turned a corner, he talked into a phone- he cupped the smaller boy's mouth, hearing him breathe loud.

A car came in, the adult hushed into the smaller boys ear. He could tell Ouma was shaking.. sobbing as if he saw a ghost. To be real, Nagito could tell he was too emotionally frail to see him again.

Understandable. Nagito tucked in Ouma with his jacket, placing him in Fuyuhiko's car. They drove off.

The curly haired boy turned his head, spotting Shuichi run towards him. He ducked, hiding behind a wall.

Luck kicking in, he wasn't found.

Was the detective boy looking for him..? Maybe more did care.

Nagito kept him in mind, watching Shuichi kick the ground and cuss to himself for not catching up. Eventually he walked off, hands in pockets.