Intro (Kokichi's pov)

Shit. Its been another nightmare, I can feel it again.

Im being surrounded by everything I despise, things I've always hated.

I can see myself crowding around me, floating above my figure and watching every move.
"NISHISHI, WHO CARES ABOUT MORALS? WE NEED TO SURVIVE!"
"I...im scared, plea-"
"Stop being pathetic you twat, you caused this." Another me shows up, pushing past my old Dice cape.

One of these sights pointed to a corner of my room. I followed the it's hand, seeing the other bent down. He poked his hand to find Miu's rotting corpse.

I saw her pale face, cold skin, she was rotting to the bone. I could feel myself shaking and watching her eyes roll up and down before I felt something fall on me. It sounded like metal, crushing m-
...

Then, all I can remember is puking and waking up.

Shit. I deserve this anyway. I can see its 2 pm, I was up all night looking at newspapers. Not like I have much to do anyway, im a shut in at this point. I wiped whatever vomit was on my blanket, ignoring the stinging in the back of my throat.

"hey, KOKICHI! GET OUT OF THERE! ITS 2 PM!"

"Y-yeah! I kinda FIGURED!" Shouting back, I wasn't ready to hear his yapping again.

Thats my roomate named Master.... kidding. His name is Fuyuhiko. We realized we were cut from the same cloth and moved in when I needed help. I didn't really need it, but he insisted with Peko. Its been a month or so...

And....I still need help.

I didn't respond to any more of his stupid yells.

Instead, drowning in the warmth of my bed and feeling comfy is much better.
I would have pretend cried, pretend to smile and giggle... but the energy was gone.

This... this is all I am. The scarf is who I am, without it... im useless.

I can tell. Fuyuhiko and his little servant always talk about me outside the door.

All I can do is curl in a ball as I hear the gangster argue with her about me.

I know what you may be thinking, hey why aren't you out having fun?
Lucky me, my whole group died. The only remembrance is the stupid clown hat I have. My battered scarf is the only evidence of my existence. And sure, Danganronpa was a thing and I knew people were searching for me, but I didn't care.

It didn't feel like me.

I ruined it. I know I did.

Shuichi knew. I would always be alone, im such an inconvenience to him. So why spare the trouble? Its not like he cares, he probably isn't even doing detective work anymore.

"I dont know how long he'll stay in there, it's been a month !" I can feel his fist clenching.

"Give him time, master. The things he went through is traumatizing, he isn't even talking to his friends anymore. I'm...worried." I can feel the lump in her throat.

"I fuckin' KNOW, he hasn't even changed out of his clothes! He hasn't changed at all! He's just gonna end up STARVING in there!"

I can hear the arguement fade out, and im alone again. Peace and quiet is my favorite past time, long as Peko doesn't try to coo me out of my room or Fuyuhiko tries to force me out.