Part 9

"So what?! You saw him?" Rantaro asked, sipping up Boba. He had no luck in finding another sister, and decided to show back up once he heard the news.

Shuichi drank his, nodding.

A sly grin popped over his face, scooting forward.

"Was he cute?"' He teased-

That made Shuichi spit the drink everywhere, denying instantly and freaking out. Rantaro laughed at the reaction, flicking his friends forehead playfully.

"I'm guessing that's a no." He chuckled, pushing past his slick, green hair. He was much more mature, and yet still had that childish tone in his voice teasing him.

"No, he is. Not like I like him though.." mumbled the detective, grabbing at his straw and flicking the top over his nail, leg hopping under the table.

"What was that? Your huge crush on Kokichi alert?" Rantaro retorted, grinning.

Shuichi laughed this time, avoiding a flick to his head and slapping it away. He can tell how understanding his explorer friend was, and felt more confident this way too.

"To be honest... I think I do." Opened up the boy, shyly sipping his Boba as if nothing happened.

He was expecting Rantaro to explode in questions and teasing, but he didn't react in the slightest.

"Guess my bet with Kaito is won. He better pay up when he leaves space. So, whens the time you confess?"

Shuichi sputtered, choking on a peice of boba- eventually he managed to stop stuttering, giving up the fake front he put for others. He didn't even know it was THAT obvious... was he the last person to know?

"I don't think I can confess. He needs to get better, and I'll be by his side."

"I'm sure he's slowly finding healthier ways to deal with trauma, you said Nagito was helping him... yikes."

"No, Nagito's good. I heard from Hajime once he starts to make Kichi-chan better, he'll take him to a real therapis-"

"Hahaah, wait- KICHI-CHAN?!"

Rantaro burst out laughing, cupping his silver ringed hand over his mouth to avoid spilling everywhere. Shuichi blushed again, trying to defend the nickname.