Part 13...

"H-he clearly isn't stable, Gundham's reccomendation is right... u-uhm... I'll treat him and his wounds... but the malnourishment and hallucinations is for... the mental hospital." Mikan announced, leading the other doctors to rush the boy in. Shuichi nodded, turning back to his seat.

He cupped his face, leaning down. He was stressed, worried, and scared. Nagito was next to him, patting his back.

Eventually, he got up, and went outside. Shuichi noticed, following him.

Upon opening the door, it was already sunset. Windy too, Nagito's ponytail was gone.. hair brushing past with the wind. A small exhale came out, resting his head down.

Shuichi stood next to him, bangs blown across his face. He ran his hands to tidy up his hair, watching his friend quietly.

Upon the news.. Nagito didn't cry. He craned his head to see Shuichi face to face,

"Hey... I know you heard the ne-"

"I'm sorry." His grey eyes softened, meeting the others. A deep despairful look met him, pupils glazed with guilt and disgust. Shuichi watched his eyes water up, a single tear down his cheek.

"For...what?"

"I couldn't help him. I hope he's okay." His voice crackled a little, but stayed firm, to the point. The detective respected the notion, sighing.

"I hope so too."

A chuckle came out of the adult, weaving a hand through the locks of white hair spinning in the wind. His tears swept up too, a smile appeared.

"I went through the same thing. I tried killing myself, but the luck never let me. When I left.. everybody surprised me. I thought I'd never see them again, that I was too scared to talk.

But in that moment, it felt like home.

And... I guess, I wanted to be Kokichi's home."

Shuichi looked at the sunset, birds chirping and wind bristling past each tree. The other followed,admiring it all.. It was raining not too long ago. In a way, he wanted the same. To help him... no matter what.

Even with the baggage of murder.

... a silence followed. Comfortably, it felt like time and peace settled.

"You can." Shuichi spoke up, nudging his friend with the same smiling notion.

Confused, Nagito listened in.

"Maybe if we brought everybody in.. when Kokichi leaves the mental hospital.. we could..."

Nagito grabbed his shoulder, hugging him. For the first time, it was tight and strong.

"You and him... your perfect." Nagito sighed holding him, knowing of the crush since day 1.

Shuichi held him back, sighing. Like some weight lifted off his shoulders.

"I know. I love him... and ill... be there for him, no matter what."

A few months passed, nothing happened. Well, yes. The information spread quick, all the way to Korekiyo to Makoto. Everybody soon found out, giving their condolences.

Kaede sat with Miu, watching her. She sighed, crossed arms.

"Please. It was Danganronpa. He regrets it so much.. Nagito tried to help him make it up to you... but you never wanted t-"

"I know damn well. And..I miss our talks. But, fucking god- HE KILLED ME. Wrap that around your goddamn head, he knew what he was doing!"

"And he regrets it. Please... you know he does.." Kiibo was next to the pianist, trying to help.

Shuichi stayed quiet, watching them interact. They and Miu fought for a bit, until it began to crying.

Miu stood up, pulling something out her pocket. She held a peice of toilet paper... it was bloodstained. Kiibo gasped, "is that..-"

"I keep this as a reminder... but.."
She threw it, watching it slowly tumble..
Then she stomped over it.

At last, the inventor turned to Kaede, sighing.

"Okay. I will. I know he's a little shit.. but.. we were all tough in Danganronpa. I did want to kill him too.. hah..." Miu breathed in, forming her thoughts. "I get it. I'd regret it too. I... forgive him."

Kiibo reacted first,, gushing, and hugging her. Shuichi stood up, smiling. He watched them hug, Miu turning bright red. Kaede joined in, nearly knocking them over.

"Okay big tits! Get off, this isn't some threesome smut fanfiction!!"

Kaede laughed, grabbing ahold of her friend's shirt. She tugged the detective in, hugging them all. Shuichi saw Miu blush, eventually giving up and spinning both of them around in a huge hug. Apperantly able to pick them all up, perhaps she took lessons with Tenko?

Despite the sadness of Kokichi being gone, they felt more together then ever.

Maybe it was time to try and reach back to everyone.