Chapter °24°

Zhi Ruo plopped a dumpling on her mouth as she stared at Qing Qing and Kohaku's awkward appearance. They were not facing her as she ate her breakfast, as if afraid of looking at her directly. Instead they were looking at the table, intently trying not to peek at her face while she was eating.

"Why are you guys doing that?" Zhi Ruo chewed as she asked, she pointed her chopsticks at the serious duo in front of her. "You can look you know, I don't mind you guys looking at my face once in a while." Zhi Ruo said.

Zhi Ruo finally got rid of her boney cheeks and wrists as she broke through Gathering; Concentration rank 4 after she cultivated all night long. Raising her stats in the process and all the while enjoying the fact that she finally have some meat to pinch when she holds her own face.

But right now, the duo in front of her was ruining her good mood and appetite. They came here early in the morning with their own personal servants to deliver her food and to bathe her. They made the servants wear a blindfold while they served her, and now they were refusing to look at her face.

It wasn't like she was ugly, no in fact she was far from that. But they act like looking on her face was a great sin on it self. They never actually looked at her face though, so they can't really judge wether she looks a good or nah.

"Patriarch Ye has informed us that we must be cautious when viewing Junior sister's face. It is in the discretion of ours to respect your privacy." Kohaku closed his eyes as he waited for Zhi Ruo yo finish eating. "So please do not feel pressured when we do, in fact, respect your boundaries."

Zhi Ruo shrugged and produced a humming sound. Seeing that they really felt like it was out of bounds to look at her face with, or without her permission.

"Are you sure you just don't wanna look at my face because of those rumours they created about me?" Zhi Ruo jabbed at the duo in front of her. "I'm sure they said that just looking at my face could bring bad luck." She said in a matter factly tone.

It was Qing Qing who coughed feeling uncomfortable in Zhi Ruo's question.

"Ok I'll stop asking." Zhi Ruo took her last bite of her food and sipped her soda that was disguised as tea. They were too busy trying not to look at her face that she managed to replace the tea with a can of soda.

"Please raised your heads senior brother and sister, I am done eating." Zhi Ruo neatly slid the veil to her face in a quick succession as she called out. "If I recall correctly, I stated that you both don't have to escort me in everything." Zhi Ruo wasn't phased when the servants came in as soon as she finished eating.

Kohaku coughed as he finally slipped his eyes open. "The Patriarch Ye came back late at night yesterday and specifically told us to accompany Junior sister when choosing your own personal servants." He informed Zhi Ruo. "After we have accompany you, we will be out of your way. After all as much as you don't like being bothered, we also do not have much time to be bothering anyone."

Zhi Ruo briefly nodded, as she agreed. "Alright, will senior brother and sister be directly leading me this afternoon?"

"No we will be leading you now." Qing Qing said stiffly. She stood up carefully and led the way to Zhi Ruo's door. "Let us go, lest we miss the deciples morning training. I took it upon myself to oversee them today." She informed, and soon after they went outside and to the main hall where Zhi Ruo was first led too when she came in the Sighted Valley.

When they reached there, about 24 servants was waiting in a neat line. 12 of them were girls around Zhi Ruo age, while the other dozen were men. If there was one thing that Zhi Ruo took note off is that the maids were not weaker than her in terms of combat. It is for certain that Zhi Ruo was still weak, but the servants that lined up in front of them were Gathering; Concentration rank 1 as the lowest and Gathering; Concentration rank 3 as the highest.