Chapter 28

In the end Zhi Ruo did not go and pick out a cultivation scroll in the library, she opted to leave the place as soon as she could. For the rest of the day she took some books and ended up pretending to study in her room halting anyone who tried to approach her.

Including the new servants that was assigned to her.

She holed herself up in the room pretending to study, but she adeptly cultivated all day long at the end. Ravel had to pretend that he had delivered the meals to her, because Zhi Ruo forbid him on disturbing her when she was cultivating.

Within just another night, Zhi Ruo broke through Gathering; Concentration rank 5. The servants were tactful enough to notice that there was something going on with their young miss. But they did not feel that was anything bad so decided to silently do their job.

Which Zhi Ruo appreciated. Because she was in that zone where she currently does not care if she was acting out or not.

On the other side, Yu Zhúlín already heard that news about Zhi Ruo's participation approval. And was now doubting his ears. He even went as far as to wash it in his bewilderment.

Within normal circumstances, he would've wanted to avoid Zhi Ruo as he was now very iffy around her. But he wasn't thinking straight, so after he had finished his breakfast, he went and go to Zhi Ruo's courtyard.

A very curious mistake on his part, but who can blame him?

His subconscious would, but it's not like it wasn't also telling him to meet the, now very, infamous young miss.

Which brings them to the current situation.

"May I know who I can redirect Brother Yu too?" Translation; what the fuck are you doing here and who are you looking for? Did you go to the wrong house?

Zhi Ruo crossed her arms, and as her business pants and blazer wrapped around her snuggly as she clearly just showered. With her legs and arms crossed she looked at Yu Zhúlín's face who was stuck between a smile and curiosity in Zhi Ruo's clothing.

"I came here to congratulate the young miss in participating on the tournament." Translation; I came here to check on you because I am a curious person.

"Aa, yes. Thank you." Translation; Thank you, but you can go fuck off now.

Both fell silent as they waited for the other one to talk. Silently, the more Yu Zhúlín stayed in Zhi Ruo's presence, the more he realized that Zhi Ruo's aura was different. It was more than different, her aura surged. One might not notice, but he certainly did. As he was keenly aware of the awkward atmosphere around the room.

In the beginning, Yu Zhúlín wasn't a patient person. He wasn't then, and he isn't now. So naturally, he was the first one to fold.

"Did senior brother Tiān give you a leeway? Or a pill? Maybe a drought even?"

You see, Yu Zhúlín has this uncanny ability. You know when some things are better left unsaid? Yeah, he realizes that right after he had said those words. Way too late, and he only knows now that he fucked up some shit when Zhi Ruo did not even need to talk as he can practically feel the displeasure she emitted.

Zhi Ruo smiled at the question that Yu Zhúlín asked. She could not tell if he is careless, or fearless. Either way, she doesn't particularly favor this brother of hers if his mouth acts up.

"Brother Yu was there remember? Does brother Tiān Dì look like the type of person who would favor someone in some matter like this?" She shook her head as her voice reached Yu Zhúlín. "And further more..." she pinned him with her stare. With it she did not even have the need to continue her words anymore.