CHAPTER °5°

:::

["I do a thing called what I want."]

:::

______________________________________

Zhi Ruo's POV

Is it another woman perhaps? Judging at how the servants limp on her feet. Her expression was viciously sneering every step on the way to the door of this miss's courtyard. That vicious sneer on her face seems to support that she was just beaten up and is looking for something to beat for her anger to dissolve.

I tilted my head as she jumped at every flutter of a wind, as if their is a ghost waiting to eat her. The jump had slightly revealed some nail marks on her neck. Liu Su Yang wouldn't be the one who have done that, she has the tendency to flog a servant to submitting. Saying that a servant isn't even worth for her to get her hands dirty.

Judging from that, maybe this isn't related to Liu Su Yang? But Liu Su Yang is awfully quiet at the failed assassination attempt.

Finally the girl arrive at the door. She kneeled on the rotting floorboards putting the tray on the ground. She raised her hands up and knocked on the sliding door. I smirked at this. This isn't Liu Su Yang's doing, that concubine wouldn't bother on knocking.

I took my time going back inside the house I got a piece of cloth to cover my face before opening the door. But when I opened the door the servant was sneering, I looked down at her and narrowed my eyes when her expression quickly changed as if she was replacing a mask.

"This nubi is here to send some breakfast to the first Xiaojie." She respectfully knowtowed. I didn't remove my limbs from the sliding frame. And I didn't quickly respond for her to stop bowing. When she started to shake due to the cold morning wind did I decided to answer.

"Speak who sent you here." I removed my hands and folded them behind my back. I sneered coldly when I could almost hear her gritting her teeth.

"The second Niang, Liu Bai Pan. She heard that the first Xiaojie is here in this courtyard and wishes to pay her respects via Breakfast" I raised an eyebrow. When a memory flashed inside my mind.

Liu Bai Pan, the second Concubine that the general took for the first 13 years, She was welcomed last week. The rumors that I have heard last week when I was getting my usual water, the general supposedly bought her after he had fooled around in a brothel after an successful battle on the northern borders of the empire.

His fellow higher ups had bought the woman 'Wu Bai Pan' now known as 'Liu Bai Pan' and gifted her to the general. And what is most surprising was, the general actually accepted the woman and is now the second Niang of the Liu Fu.

Now that I think about it, Liu Su Yang started getting antsy around the time Liu Bai Pan was welcomed into the Liu Fu. That bitch was probably getting impatient and tried to send an assassin on my way to make her position more stable. But, knowing her. This wasn't the first time she tried to assassinate me.

"Xiaojie should eat the food before it gets cold. The morning breeze is also very cool, Xiaojie should warm up with thick clothes inside while eating the breakfast." This time the servant was smiling up to me mockingly.

I lifted the corners of my mouth and sneered maliciously, and imposingly glared down to the impudent servant. I laughed internally at how her face went pale seeing my expression, her hands shook and so did her pupils.

"Are you mocking this Xiaojie?" I glared down at her pupils in contempt. "Any person with eyes can see that this Xiaojie is dirt poor, and you dare to say to 'warm up with thick clothes' are you mocking me? "  Her pupils shook and she banged her head on the floor frantically apologizing. She looked like she was just hit by a boulder and was made to eat dirt after her blunder.