Chapter 28

It was a city enveloped in a calming light, a holy metropolis protected by a divine barrier. It prevented all outside enemies from invading, dutifully fulfilling that obligation for the past thousand years.

It was a utopia, one whose residents never had to worry about starvation. Every child received a level of compulsory education, and every adult was provided with a job. Its society had achieved complete harmony, its paradise monitored by the law and order that ruled over it.

This city was Lune, the Holy City, capital of the Holy Empire of Lubelius.

Two days after the last Walpurgis council, Hinata was walking the path toward the main cathedral of the holy church.

Hinata observed the faces of the people passing by. They were all smiles, each looking calm and serene. But something concerned her.

The freedom of Ingrassia, the harmony of Lubelius. Two nations that seemed to contradict each other in every way, from their political systems to their core principles and nothing made the difference as stark as the looks on the children in each land.

It was her lofty goal to make the Western Nations, and eventually the whole world, a peaceful, war-free society.

Soon while pondering this Hinata had reached her destination the grand cathedral.

There, waiting for her, was the pair of twin brothers Louis and Roy. One posing as the holy emperor of Lubelius and the other acting as a violent, cruel and merciless demon lord.

"Lady Ruminas should be returning in a few moments." Calmly stated Louis.

"And the evil dragon Veldora is alive once more, and yet, the Forest of Jura still remains stable as well." Said Roy with unconcealed hate.

Hinata could guess why. It was that slime she let slip through her fingers.

"...I can't speak about the dragon, but I imagine the forest is stable because of that slime, Rimuru, I let escape."

"Mmmm. I conducted some of my own investigation, and it has been confirmed that the Kingdom of Falmouth's forces have been annihilated. Counting the time back from Veldora's resurrection, it had to be the work of that Rimuru. Quite an adversary for you, wasn't he?"

"I suppose the moment I saw him, encased in that Holy Field, was the best chance I had of defeating him. He somehow managed to survive a melt slash as well."

"Haaa... that attack completely destroys even the spirit of the target as well and yet he managed to survive that?"

Louise's shock was understandable. Melt slash was considered the strongest sword art that could be used by mankind. It could completely Wipeout the spiritual body of it target and yet, Rimuru the slime had managed to survive that.

Hearing the news about Rimuru surviving a melt slash even Roy was stupefied.

"Could this Rimuru you had fought be a clone of his?" Calmly evaluating the situation Louis presented his opinion.

"If he really was a clone then his true body would be much stronger and if your investigations were correct then he might have awakened as a true demon lord."

Roy did not want to admit it but at that moment the faces of Lord of Darkness and the destroyer flashed before his eyes. 

"If this Rimuru fellow has awakened after destroying the Falmouth force then he might be in the same league as the true monsters." Roy stated.

Both Ruminas and Louis knew the exact implications of those words.

"If that is truly the case Roy then could you elaborate about him after all you have seen him with your own eyes."