Part VI

Poppy could barely sleep that night. The voices in her head kept her awake.

"We want Poppy to marry our prince!"

"Branch doesn't sing?"

"Poppy, help us!"

"She had to break up with her true love to marry this guy!"

"I don't have fun."

"You're supposed to be with me!"

"It'll be okay, kids!"

"Poppy, your fiancé looks weird."

"This means a lot to us."

"He doesn't know what true love feels like."

"Goodbye, Creek."

"She'll only marry for love."

"You got a big day tomorrow."

"Are you sure you want to marry me?"

"SUNDANCE!"

"Gooooooooooooood morning, Pop Village!" someone shouted outside that morning. Poppy pushed herself out of bed and looked out her window to see Synth and a Rock Troll named Blaze Powerchord with a giant megaphone.

"I thought we agreed to reference The Cuddlepup King," Synth said. "You know.... Nahhhhhhhhhh simonaaaaaaaaaa let da beat drop a ba!"

"I don't think that's how it went," Blaze argued. "Besides, two Trolls are getting married, they're not having a baby. That happened last week."

"That reminds me, I gotta congratulate Guy Diamond on his... Tiny Diamond."

"Good mornin', Poppy!" Holly greeted happily as she stepped inside with Barb and Val and a tray of food. "We decided to bring you breakfast in bed. This is your special day!"

"I guess," Poppy groaned, still tired from the lack of sleep. Her three friends looked at each other with concern.

"Look, Popsqueak," Val said, "you don't have to marry this guy if you don't want to. You deserve someone who will make you happy."

"I know, but-"

"What?! And throw away all our hard work?!" Satin shouted from the pod next door.

"Yeah! You think it was easy putting together Poppy's dream wedding dress?" Chenille added, holding it up.

"We're trying to keep Poppy from feeling bad about whatever decision she makes and you guys aren't helping!" Barb yelled. The conjoined Pop Troll twins just went back into their home quietly.

"I spent all night thinking about Sundance," Poppy admitted. "She and the other kids were so scared when that Growl Beast came. I told them it would be okay... I thought I could save all of them... but she couldn't keep up and by the time I went back... I can't let another kid get eaten. If marrying Branch is the only way to keep that from happening, then I have to do it."