Part XIV

“We're really glad you came to our wake-up rave, Dubstep," Synth said to Branch as he and Laguna Tidepool escorted the prince home. “You comin' meant a lot to us."

“Well, I'll have to thank you both for inviting me," Branch replied. “So, uh, what made the Techno Trolls decide to throw a rave at four in the morning every day?"

“We find it to be the most refreshing hour of the day," Laguna explained. “Our daily wake-up raves boost our confidence levels, keep us motivated throughout the day, and for some of us, they even increase our sex drive."

“Too much information, Laguna!" Synth said, sternly shaking his head. “It is true, though. Without the raves, we find our days get thrown off in a million horrifying ways. Like when Mollusk used up all the outlets for our alarm clocks and we ended up sleeping in. We were still tired that morning!"

“I was so drowsy, I almost didn't notice I wore mismatching socks," Laguna added. “The weird thing is I don't even wear socks."

“I had it much worse," Synth insisted. “I was so out of it at this flavorberry patch, I sank in a pit of quick glitter. I don't even eat flavorberries, yo!"

The three Trolls laughed.

“Well, I'm gonna go back to bed," Branch said as he approached the pod door. “See you guys later."

“Farewell, Branch," Laguna replied.

“See ya, Dubstep!' Synth said, waving goodbye before leaving with Laguna.

Branch quietly stepped inside the pod and gently lifted the blankets as he crawled back into bed, where Poppy was still in a deep sleep. Branch gently pushed back her bangs and planted a soft kiss on her cheek before going back to sleep.

“Okay," said the ice cream vendor, “I got a butter pecan with whipped cream for a Polly Marlin and a Rocky Road with extra Rock for a Pal Blundersquack

“Okay," said the ice cream vendor, “I got a butter pecan with whipped cream for a Polly Marlin and a Rocky Road with extra Rock for a Pal Blundersquack."

“Don't they ever get our names right?" Holly wondered as she and Val sat down with her bowl of ice cream.

“If they did, they wouldn't be doing their job," said Val. “So... have you seen Creek since he punched the memorial stone?"

“No, and we still don't know who Crocus is," Holly replied. “Er, was. Y'know, because he's dead."

“Forget Crocus, since the guys kept those three girls from flirting with Branch, they've cut ties with Creek," Val explained. “In fact, Demo's now dating Aria."

“Really, Demo and Aria?" Holly asked.

“Yep, Demo and Aria," Val confirmed. “Anyway, Creek's tried to manipulate Poppy so she'd run back into his arms and since none of his plans have worked, it's only a matter of time before he tries to kill Branch."

“Val, I know you're worried, but we don't know for sure if Creek is planning on killing anyone," Holly pointed out. “But just in case, we better check on them after Waterlily's healing class. We'll need to do all we can to stop him until Barb and Lavender come back with answers."