Part IX

A month after the wedding, the Trolls of Pop Village were busy preparing for another big event. Not a loud one, much to their disappointment, but it was rather important. Lavender was busy, as well, for it was a full moon and she had to write to Queen Cyan on how Poppy and Branch's marriage was doing.

"Hey, Branch!" Lavender said to her big brother. "On a scale of one to five, how would you rate being married to Poppy?"

"What kind of question is that?" he asked.

"Well, I gotta know if I'm gonna report to Mom," she replied. "I promised her I would write about you guys every full moon."

"Branch!" Poppy called out.

"Look, Lavender, I gotta get ready for the tutors' arrival," he explained. "You just go pick petals off Sparklepuffs."

"That would be flower abuse!" Lavender pointed out as he left.

"How does this look, Branch?" Val asked as she and Holly hung up a light-up sign that read "WELCOME FRIENDS!"

"Ostentatious," Branch replied as Poppy walked up to them.

"Nice work, girls!" she called out.

"Thank you, sugar!" Holly said, climbing down the ladder.

"Uh, Poppy," Branch said to his wife, "I know we want to make the tutors and their families feel welcome, but we don't need to make a big deal about it. In fact, most of them would prefer we didn't."

"Nonsense!" Poppy insisted. "We're gonna make them feel right at home! Cooper, is the table set?"

"Yeah, I even made name cards!" Cooper replied. "Sycalily, Waterberry, Logan Jo, Gingercinth, Hyamore and Karmen!"

Branch looked at the list of names and said, "That can't be right."

"Hey, Biggie, why don't you make the name cards?" Poppy suggested.

"Of course!" Biggie answered. "This will be the perfect chance for Mr. Dinkles to show off his calligraphy skills!"

"Good for him," Branch said before quietly asking Poppy, "Who's Mr. Dinkles?"

"Biggie's pet. He's a worm!"

"Mmm-hmm. And how is a worm supposed to-" Before Branch could finish his sentence, Mr. Dinkles slammed his face into some ink and rubbed it against some paper, revealing the name of one of the guests. "Okay. Never mind."

"I think someone's coming, yo!" Synth said excitedly.

"Places, everybody!" Poppy ordered. As everyone got in place, a large creature approached them with its mouth wide open and once someone stepped outside...

"Welcome to Pop Troll Village!" everyone shouted with enthusiasm. Flowers shot out glitter and confetti and balloons were dropped from the trees. Holly and Synth dropped the banner and Val smashed her guitar, released purple and white smoke.

"I know you said I'm always welcome here, but I never expected all this," said one of the guests. Once the smoke cleared, everyone saw...

"Barb?!" Poppy exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to give you and Branch a one-month-aversary present," she answered, her friends Carol and Riff beside her.

"Aw, thank you!" Poppy said sweetly, taking the gift. "But why would you come all the way here when you could just mail it?"

"Well, uh..."

"Snake!" shouted a Pop Troll named Moxie Dewdrop. "Run for your lives! There's a snake attacking the daycare!"