Chapter 2 : Convincing One's Father

Evernite Haven is known for having a really light storyline, but the lore is way deeper than the players think.

There's a theory about how there's no such a thing as a 'true happy ending' except for Luca's route. Since Morana will eventually die in every route, Luca will go down the dark path in every other route. The said theory explained when Luca goes down the dark path, he'll avenge her sister's death by destroying the kingdom. Luca can only be saved by the heroine, that's why in every route except Luca's, the kingdom will fall into ruin.

Well, if Morana stays alive though... Everything would be fine.

Besides, that theory eventually crumbles when the developers announced a sequel to the game. Spoilers said that the players will be playing as a boy instead of a girl and the capture targets will be the girls. Some are new targets, some are already known, such as the game's main villainess and Luca's childhood friend. Of course Morana is not one of the capture targets since she's already dead when the storyline begins.

It's been almost 2 years since I got reborn again. Since then, I've been working out daily so I won't be sickly as the original Morana... But there's a little problem...

'It's weird...'

'Father doesn't show any hints of giving me the permission to train as a future swordsman...'

The Coventry marquess household is well-known of their knighthood from generations. The current marchioness, my mother, is also a really talented female knight back in her days. My brother, Luca himself is a genius knight in this era along with Duke Columbi's son.

It is exactly why Morana was engaged with Duke Columbi's son in the first place. As the original Morana was sickly, her father wants her to marry a strong knight that can at least protect her. What the marquess didn't expect was... How that fiancé is the reason why her daughter committed suicide.

"Hmm..." I furrowed my eyebrows irritatedly as I stretch, doing some yoga poses on top of my bed.

"My lady? Is something bothering you?" Marisol, my personal maid said as she prepared tea and cookies for me to eat when I finished my workout.

"It's nothing... I just-ugh, want to learn swordmanship already. But you see- There's zero sign of Father wanting to let me hold a sword. Even a wooden one." I got up and wiped my sweat. Sits down on the chair Marisol has served for me.

Marisol chuckled, "Don't worry my lady, I'm sure it's because the lord doesn't want you to get hurt."

"Hmm... Is it because I haven't said that I want to become a knight myself? Hmm..."

Knock knock

"Sister, are you there?"

"Luca? Do you need something? Come in, have some tea and cookies with me."

"Sister Morana... You're not dressing properly again, if mother finds out about this, she'll be mad again you know?"

"Don't worry, I've kept my promise to not walk outside my room with this shirt." I calmly sip the tea Marisol offered. Luca just sigh cutely as he took the seat in front of me.

'As expected from a capture target, even in their grow up phase they're already handsome.'

"Father has asked you to meet him in his office."

"Hm? You came all the way here to my room just to say that? You should've asked butler Liam to do that you know?"

"I can't bother butler Liam all the time. Besides, I wouldn't want him to see you in that outfit for the second time!"