Chapter 17 : The Demon Queen

The morning for Elroy as the student council president is a relaxing one.

The sun are rising,

The birds are chirping,

The fragrance of his favorite chamomile tea is in the air and most of all...

'Seth is here! Finally a less lonely morning routine in a while! Even though he's only sleeping, that's honestly fine!' Elroy thought to himself as he observe his dear friend excitedly while continuing to write on the large pile of documents he had to work on.

He's just happy that for once he didn't need to spend his time alone in the morning student council room. He wanted to share this exact peaceful side of the student council room only to his close friends.

On the other side, Seth was doing his best on trying to sleep. As always he's tired from running errands and helping professor Vane with his sword lessons. Not to forget that Seth would be left behind with his magic class if he doesn't constantly train his magic. The stress of it made him become an insomniac.

So... he's been busy.

Of course he doesn't tell anyone about his insomnia, especially not to Morana. He wouldn't want her to worry like she did back when they're kids.

Long short story, when they were 13, Morana found out from Sheria that Seth was busy with his lessons on becoming his father successor, he didn't had any proper sleep in 3 days straight. That time, Morana had dragged Seth away from his work with all of her might and made him sleep on her lap under this one big tree which Seth always uses to train his swordmanship.

'It was embarrassing, but I'm not going to lie... Her lap was soft and comfortable. I wonder if she would let me borrow her lap once again if I'd asked...' He thought as he's having flashbacks of the incident.

As he come to his senses, he shook his head around to get the thought out of his head, 'Are you crazy?! Stop thinking about it, Seth Anemone! It's improper for you to think of her like that. This is exactly why you can't sleep for Chloris' sake!'

'And besides... I was sharing her lap with Elroy at the time so it's not that special... It wasn't supposed to be that special...'

Yes, not only Seth, back then Elroy was ALSO doing the same, so Morana had to drag him away from the castle for a change of air. Since Elroy's case was much worse because he's the crown prince. On the bright side, Elroy adapted to his workaholic tendencies that Morana had just given up on fixing him. Now he's in a very much healthy relationship with his work.

Seth can't help but toss and turns on the sofa. It wasn't a surprise to Elroy anymore that Seth can't sleep as they're roommates for almost 2 years now.

Elroy sighed as he smiled sympathetically at his friend, "Say Seth, why don't you just be honest and go meet Morana so you can sleep already?"

Seth groaned in defeat to his insomnia and sat down this time, "No way in Chloris I would do that. I don't want to make her worry herself and be in my shoes." At this point, who wouldn't be surprised to the fact that Morana herself is ALSO an insomniac. No wonder these three are the best of friends.

Elroy chuckled lightly, not losing any focus on his work, "I bet she's already in your shoe—"

BAM!!

"ELROY IT'S EMERGENCY!!!" Myrtle suddenly barges the room in a hurry. She huffed for a few seconds while Elroy and Seth waited for her next sentence.

"Oh Seth is here, good mo— WAIT, THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT! MORANA HAS DISAPPEARED!!!" Elroy then continues with his work while Seth sighed in relief before Myrtle continues, "WITHOUT LEAVING ANY LETTERS or NOTES!"