Chapter 11 : Orientation Week

"Look, look, that's her!"

"She looks okay... but the crown prince could've chosen a better woman don't you think?"

"Shhh! If the crown prince hears you, you're dead you know?!"

They sure are not even trying to not be heard.

"She looks good with that short hair."

"I know right? Not every noblewoman can look that graceful with a short hair!"

Freshmens these days sure exaggerate too much... Though I did cut my hair because it's getting in the way of my training .

I continue walking towards the student council office, ignoring all the murmurs of those freshmens.

Knock knock

"Come in."

"Good morning. Oh, is it only the two of you?" I greeted as I closed the door behind me.

"Morana! Thank you for helping us today too." Myrtle Laurel, the secretary said as she was pouring a cup of tea for Elroy who's sitting on the student council president desk. Myrtle's also my roommate, I insisted on her calling me casually by my name.

"Good morning, Luna." Elroy flashed me a smile before returning his attention towards the paperworks on his desk.

"So... What can I help you guys today?" I took a seat at the sofa in the room.

"We will be going around the 1st grader classes and give them the school club form. Along that, I'll tell them that the student council is also recruiting for new members." Elroy explained, still focused on the papers.

"Right, the students who are on their final year are not allowed to participate in clubs anymore including student councils huh? That explains why there's only the two of you here."

"Our seniors are busy with their practical exams after all." Myrtle said as she served me a cup of tea and I thanked her for it. "Speaking of seniors, it's only been a day, yet the freshmen already talking about their beloved seniors it seems~."

"Hm? Who?" Elroy finally averted his eyes from his work, looking confused. "Are they badmounthing them?"

"Elroy... They're talking about us."

"It seems the crown prince is as slow as always when it comes to rumors."

"Hm??"

"It's nothing Elroy, just go back to your work."

"Okay?" Leaving Elroy confused, me and Myrtle talked about the orientation week.

Our academy, the Diamond Academy is an elite magic school with strict requirements and qualifications. To be a graduate from this academy, you need to be able to pass all of their academic, magic, nor mental exams.

One of those exams is the orientation week.

Back then I passed the exams with flying colors, but I'm worried about Luca... I hope he doesn't make a scene. He's already boiling with rage yesterday when she visited my room after all. He must've been mad at all those rumors huh?

He was ranting all night yesterday... Luckily, Myrtle was there to remind him of the dorm's curfew.

"I wonder if everything would go well..."

"You must be worried about yor brother huh?"

"No, instead I'm worried about anyone else that's in the same group as Luca."

"You make him sounds like an untamed dog." Myrtle jokingly giggled.

"You're not wrong on that." Elroy stated, still working on the piled papers.